2003 Jetta Wagon Manual 185,000 St. Paul, MN - $3500

Cb33

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5M
SOLD

Selling my wagon as I have no use for a car for the next 8+ months. It's the GLS trim level. So, moonroof etc. Silver body with grey leather seats.

I had the car shipped over from Wild Rose Motors in California in 2013 so it has next to no rust.

It had a new clutch and a new timing belt (plus all the other related bits) at Midwest Motorworks at 169,000 miles.

I have two sets of rims and tires plus a spare that will all come with the car. It also comes with a set of cross bars for the roof rack and roof rack bike mount.

It's not without issues, though. The driver side leather seat has a tear. The check engine light is on (I'm told the code is glow plug related but it starts well all winter). And a few other pretty trivial things.

Title in hand and hoping to sell quickly.

Asking what I think is a low price:
$3500

SOLD

Last edited:

ottoman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon ALH
This is a steal of a deal. I have this exact same car but black w/ tan interior. ALH manual is the best Jetta ever made IMO. If mine wasn't still going strong at 236k, I'd snap this up quick!

J.P.

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 05 b5.5V/6spd w/274k miles (daily). Silver 02 Golf/5spd w/240k miles (fun 1). Mint Tornado Red 01 Golf/5spd w/440k (ALH still perfect!!!).
pm'd

pm'd you.

Do you have any interior pics?

J.P.

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 05 b5.5V/6spd w/274k miles (daily). Silver 02 Golf/5spd w/240k miles (fun 1). Mint Tornado Red 01 Golf/5spd w/440k (ALH still perfect!!!).
Some details

Some info to get an understanding of the sale price of this car:

I talked with the seller who was very thorough and honest with the condition of the car. Here's some perspective:

Driven mostly local for very short drives
Anti-shudder valve sticking intermittently requiring opening the hood to get the car started.
Check engine light on since 2016. When checked in 2016 it was glow plugs
Tires have "weird wear pattern", summer tires are old
Drivers seat in bad shape with 2 tears
Spot of rust on the rear hatch
Has "16 years of scratches"
Remotes don't work
Passenger seat warmer not working
Radio is missing some of the knobs
Rear wiper sprayer not functioning

IMHO this was a decent deal for someone who can check the codes to confirm glow plugs only, confirm that there is not too much suspension work (and do it themselves), and it just involves removing carbon build up, and not a turbo or actuator

Hope this helps others understand the value

Cb33

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5M
For reference, I did get the codes checked again. It was P0672 and P0674, cylinder 2 and 4 glow plug circuit.