VW Rejecting Non-Clean Titles?

yurkin89

TDI
2015 GSW TDI x2
Offer letter in limbo since May. Does anyone know if they can actually decline your claim even after issuing?

Master

TDI
Passat TDI
All we really need is at least one lawsuit case in which there was a salvage vehicle involved, and was successful and ruled in plaintiffs favor. Then attorneys will take these cases right and left, as long as they are of the same nature.
I am ready to participate in a lawsuit, and currently looking for an attorney that could represent me. I think we should start acting towards the legal side.

2 cars rejected and appealed, which are currently under review, per CRC notification.

Both 2015 passats, one is salvage the other one is clean. First one became salvaged, registered and submitted in the year of 2017. Same with the clean title, registered and submitted in the year of 2017.

Been watching this forum for a while. Now decided to shim in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Offer letter in limbo since May. Does anyone know if they can actually decline your claim even after issuing?
I have a clean title car that has offer in "review" since March. They are stating that it is in "Eligibility" review and there is no time frame for completion.

Gabero

TDI
'12 Touareg '14 A6
I have a clean title car that has offer in "review" since March. They are stating that it is in "Eligibility" review and there is no time frame for completion.
Your title may have a clear title with the dept. of motor vehicles but if the insurance wrote it off as a total loss ad many cases of clean titles on IAAI and Copart, VW considers it a salvage title.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Your title may have a clear title with the dept. of motor vehicles but if the insurance wrote it off as a total loss ad many cases of clean titles on IAAI and Copart, VW considers it a salvage title.
Absolutely not. Clean title, no accident vehicle. I flip all titles to my company and if anything like that ever pops up, DMV tells me and does not give a clean title.

VW specifically said that this is "owner eligibility" review. Not salvage review.

fookin

Veteran Member
TDI
A3
I got the email just a while ago to schedule my buyback appointment for my second 2.0. This came following an uploaded signed/notarized offer letter on May 4. So it's been almost 6 weeks. I'm not sure why it took so long. Good luck to everyone.

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
Absolutely not. Clean title, no accident vehicle. I flip all titles to my company and if anything like that ever pops up, DMV tells me and does not give a clean title.
VW specifically said that this is "owner eligibility" review. Not salvage review.
You might be one of the handful of people they refer to in the prior status report, where they say that they put all claims on hold for certain people who had multiple salvage car claims.

joneloo

TDI
12 Touareg
I got the email just a while ago to schedule my buyback appointment for my second 2.0. This came following an uploaded signed/notarized offer letter on May 4. So it's been almost 6 weeks. I'm not sure why it took so long. Good luck to everyone.
Same here. I finally got the email to schedule my appointment for my 3.0 Touareg this morning after submitting the notarized offer on 5/9.

lvrpl

TDI
Passat TDI
I would think that this specific situation would be (hopefully) approved on appeal, no?

I've actually got a couple of cars like this. They've been rejected and I'm submitting an appeal. In the case of these, I'm not sure what more VW would want me to do - it's not like I could have gotten a rebuilt title issued because the titles are already clean (or more specifically, not salvage and not branded). They're legal and able to drive on the road currently.

Have you had this situation also? I'm hoping for the best on my appeals but I guess we'll see.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
In the notes ,same as previous reports , they will drag this to the end

31 Included in this total and the totals that follow in this section are claims submitted by consumers who
Volkswagen has identified as acquiring a significant number of vehicles with branded titles for the purpose of
participating in the Claims Program. Although some of these consumers have also submitted claims involving
vehicles with non-branded, clean titles, Volkswagen previously placed all claims submitted by these consumers on
hold while it continued discussions with the PSC and the CRC, and analyzed the details surrounding these
consumers’ acquisitions of their vehicles.

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q7 TDI & VW Passat TDI
Are clean titled non-repaired 2L still being repurchased quickly or is VW holding up those? Any recent experiences for people on the this list? I heard a rumor they were being very slow now that they hit 85%.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
31 Included in this total and the totals that follow in this section are claims submitted by consumers who
Volkswagen has identified as acquiring a significant number of vehicles with branded titles for the purpose of
participating in the Claims Program. Although some of these consumers have also submitted claims involving
vehicles with non-branded, clean titles, Volkswagen previously placed all claims submitted by these consumers on
hold while it continued discussions with the PSC and the CRC, and analyzed the details surrounding these
consumers’ acquisitions of their vehicles.
I am on this list and I had only 2 salvage cars. Sucks

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
Some thoughts from reading the report:

**Top of pg. 15, "Finally, the timeliness analysis continues to exclude certain claims associated with vehicles with a branded title."

- Why would these statistics/analysis exclude what is likely a significant source of non-compliance with their '10-day review' obligation? That is like saying, in a study in a 70 mph speed limit zone, "The cops have 100% compliance on issuing tickets for speeders (excluding those going above 70 mph)."

I would think that the '10-day review' obligation is most important for motivating them to process the more difficult claims, not the ones that can easily be done in 1 day. What type of enforcement mechanism is it, if those who need enforcement the most are excluded?

I think we all need to write Ankura about how they have excluded the salvage/branded/rebuilt cars from those '10-day review' compliance statistics, as the salvage/branded titles should most definitely be reflected in those figures in the next status report. The judge sees figures like 99% and 96% compliance and he won't second guess the methodology, so we need to petition Ankura to put out accurate statistics reflecting the entire class, not just the claims that aren't disputed.

**Pg. 20, they claimed deficiency of documentation in approx. 20k claims. Of those 20k, approx. 18k were 'successfully cured,' meaning that they successfully got about 10% of the claims that they denied based on documentation to just go away (a note, that Ankura determined that 94.8% of the deficiency codes were applied correctly). That 10% rate is a slightly higher figure than I would have thought.

**Bottom of pg. 23, "During this quarter, Volkswagen was required to make 5,262 second ten-business-day review period decisions, and timely did so in 4,870 instances for a reporting period-specific compliance rate of 92.6%"

- That's not the best, and that is excluding any salvage/rebuilt title claims, similar to the figure on the first '10-day review' period. That's down from 98% last quarter.

**Pg. 48, 77 CRC appeals had been decided this quarter, and of those, only 3 were determined potentially eligible. 19 others were 'mooted' because they were the subject of an appeal that had already been resolved (could include people unsuccessfully trying to re-appeal an appeal). All together, really bad odds for the CRC to change the existing determination.

Last edited:

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
I agree with Jibberjave

The Ankura is not reporting this correctly at all. We all need to start sending emails and complain about this ,someone post their email addresses please ,in order for them to correct this reporting.
I love how they say Months instead a Year + some months of waiting in order to discuss the offenders or (us) . They are sweeping this issue under the carpet until next report August 25 ??? I think we need to start emailing and complaining again .

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
The Ankura is not reporting this correctly at all. We all need to start sending emails and complain about this ,someone post their email addresses please ,in order for them to correct this reporting.
I love how they say Months instead a Year + some months of waiting in order to discuss the offenders or (us) . They are sweeping this issue under the carpet until next report August 25 ??? I think we need to start emailing and complaining again .
I agree. That one chart where the largest column for days for "Untimely Claims Awaiting Decision" is "30+ days." They have 4 columns between 0 - 30 days, but they have 0 columns for 30 days to 1+ year.

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
I agree it is very frustrating. Reading this report you do it get a true sense of what certain groups are going through. Ankura,the CRC, and plaintiff counsel are in the tank for VW. Frustrating.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
Default Email contacts
Here are all of the emails addresses again, if you haven't already please write a quick note ,anything is better than nothing. If anyone else has other email address of others to include on this please let me know i will update this post.

LEAD ATTORNEY Class Counsel
ecabraser@lchb.com
pgnguyen@lchb.com
apoole@lchb.com
t 415.956.1000 ext. 2236

ANKURA COURT APPOINTED CLAIMS SUPERVISOR
terrence.brody@ankura.com
john.hays@ankura.com
1.202.481.1337 Direct

single94

TDI
2012 passat tdi
Update

Another option is to advise ankura, class counsel, the judge that the claims on hold are not being reported accurately or at all as agreed in the settlement, sweeping remaining claims under the table. It appears they are continuing to delay all claims with any accident history regardless of title type. We all know this is a clear violation of the settlement. In the beginning all titles, damage were accepted, now that vw is close to the end they change the agreement to suit their needs much like changing the software to cheat in the first place. Completely unethical I guess they need to pay more in fines have more bad pr, let's all do our part to get this moving in the right direction again. We need to get answers to complete, this shouldn't matter if you have 1 or 5000 it's the same terms for all, these cars pollute need EPA fix worst case. Does anyone have EPA contacts be good idea to advise them vw will not fix our cars or buyback.

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
Another option is to advise ankura, class counsel, the judge that the claims on hold are not being reported accurately or at all as agreed in the settlement, sweeping remaining claims under the table. It appears they are continuing to delay all claims with any accident history regardless of title type. We all know this is a clear violation of the settlement. In the beginning all titles, damage were accepted, now that vw is close to the end they change the agreement to suit their needs much like changing the software to cheat in the first place. Completely unethical I guess they need to pay more in fines have more bad pr, let's all do our part to get this moving in the right direction again. We need to get answers to complete, this shouldn't matter if you have 1 or 5000 it's the same terms for all, these cars pollute need EPA fix worst case. Does anyone have EPA contacts be good idea to advise them vw will not fix our cars or buyback.

Single94 is spot on. These cars need to be removed from the road. It does not matter who turns them in or where they came from. I did contact a Johnathan Cohen but he did not get back to me. I believe someone on this post much earlier said he spoke to EPA or FTC and they told him consolidators were a good thing as they were getting them off he road quicker.

My complaint is the delays for unknown reasons. LAck of communication and them changing the agreement. Frustrating. I just wish the judge knew our complaints.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
Just did send a complaint letter to Ankura independent reporters , I hope everyone else will do the same , we need to complain as much as we can .

Last edited:

CalGuy

TDI
Q5
Question 57 of the long form notice here;

https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/w...PSC/Approved Exhibit 3 - Long Form Notice.pdf

tells how to contact the court. If we want action fro the court and feel the reports are not accurate (they are not) instead of dealing with Ankura etc. why not send letter to the court?
I have sent a letter.... But this really is a question for those with experience in the legal system - lawyers or otherwise. Might this actually get to the judge?

Jkhalil123

TDI
golf
Question 57 of the long form notice here;

https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/w...PSC/Approved Exhibit 3 - Long Form Notice.pdf

tells how to contact the court. If we want action fro the court and feel the reports are not accurate (they are not) instead of dealing with Ankura etc. why not send letter to the court?
I have sent a letter.... But this really is a question for those with experience in the legal system - lawyers or otherwise. Might this actually get to the judge?
but deadline was on 2016

single94

TDI
2012 passat tdi
Press

Looks like vw in the news again. My car is turned in, but i still dont think what they are doing is morally correct. They keep doing unethical things, cheating, delaying, changing settlement, taking more time, delaying, denying without any reasons to backup each denied claim. Its ridiculous to think they can get away with it, all these cars are registered and polluting now and not taken off the road. Worst case scenario if they are denied buyback i would assume they are 100 eligible for the fix. They cannot deny this for any reason, i think all need to file claim for fix and buyback that way your covered for both options prior to Sept 1st. Has anyone ever been denied the fix? The fix still costs vw money and you get partial restitution for bringing in? Not to mention the 11 year warranty which makes the car more marketable to resale down the line.

Here is the article, more vw crooks being locked up.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1JE0R3

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Please! Every car has always been eligible for the fix no matter what. The only question has been is do you get any financial gain for doing it. VW can't do any of this on its own. Complain about the legal system that allows what you say to happen. If the Judge permits it, it is the Judges/legal systems fault not VW's. Every defendant will try and minimize their penalty. It is the legal system that allows any changes/reductions in sentence/penalty. Without the Judges consent nothing can change.