passanger seat removal

dieselmani

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI MKV
Hi, I saw a tutorial on youtube about the passanger front seat removal in a MK5 Jetta or Golf, and I wonder, whether it's the same for a 2006 Jetta Sedan 1.9 TDI?
And my other question, once the seat has been removed, can the vehicle be operated and driven without problem?

Thanks.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The 2006 Jetta sedan IS an A5.

If you drive the car with the seat out (or turn the key on), you will set some DTCs in the SRS, but it will not otherwise change how it drives.

dieselmani

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI MKV
Many Thanks for your kind reply Oilhammer, appreciate it.
I just wonder whether the error codes will produce some constant beeping, or if the airbags go off, or something catastrophic will happen. All I'm trying to achieve is to create extra room for transporting stuff and the trip is like 600 miles. Thanks.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
As I understand it, if there is a fault with the airbag system, none of the airbags will deploy.

You may not care, but i wanted to advise.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
It'll take some research, but you should be able to plug in resistors (or?) to make the SRS happy.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I would spend about $150 and get a hitch put on and borrow or rent a small trailer instead. I am assuming since you are wanting to remove the front passenger seat you are planning on filling the whole car and trunk up with stuff. Better in a small trailer.