Best car purchase ever 2014 SportWagen TDI MT

coffee man

TDI
2014 Sportwagen
We bought a Volkswagen TDI Jetta Sportwagen MT from a Beaverton Oregon VW new car dealer (I don't know if I can mention their name). There was some confusion with the car we bought, and we were quite upset. They took care of us way beyond what I would have expected. I am really happy. Really like the car. I got 42mpg (diesel) on the way home from the dealer. If you have an issue with a business, let them know, you might be suprised. We traded in a 2014 Explorer. I think the JSW is quieter and definitely more fun to drive. The engineering and design are very different from a Ford, especially the new Fords. The VW is really well designed. The Ford... I really like my JSW. First VW I have ever owned, and probably won't be the last.

Last edited:

bjmarler

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, White
Congrats on the new VW TDI. I loved my Jetta when I bought it new in 2004 and guess what? I still LOVE it!

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
I love my JSW as far as driving it, but the maintenance cost .........
Also the higher cost of the fuel kinda kills the joy of 42 MPG.
You only need about 32 MPG RUL gas to equal the fuel cost savings.

FordGuy100

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
I love my JSW as far as driving it, but the maintenance cost .........
Also the higher cost of the fuel kinda kills the joy of 42 MPG.
You only need about 32 MPG RUL gas to equal the fuel cost savings.
For the past few years yes, but the past few months, diesel and gasoline and almost exactly the same here.

Tuco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
The difference between regular unleaded and #2 diesel in my area is about $0.15 per gallon, but that is less than a 5% difference. The fuel savings can add up fairly quickly if you go easy with the right pedal. The real cost difference is when you buy the car and have to pay a couple thousand extra for the TDI vs gas engine. That price difference takes a few extra years of driving the TDI or lots of miles to erase.

Last edited:

Beachcruiser TDI

TDI
2014 JSW TDI 6M / 2010 Golf TDI DSG
Welcome to the jsw tdi clan.
I have only had mine for a few weeks but at 40.8 combined with the quality and semi cool factor I couldn't be more pleased with my decision to go VW TDI.

FYI: 92 Oct gas is $4.49 gal and Diesel is $3.91 here in San Diego so I'm loving the TDI mileage even more

larrynsr

TDI
2014 Jetta SportWagon White TDI 6MT
I just bought mine last week. Love it. Been driving my 1981 Volvo 240 diesel for over 15 years. Diesel technology has come a long way!