Instrument cluster question

Mattyoctavia

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk5 golf TDI DSG.
Hi everyone! I have a 2008 golf estate tdi dsg. One of the LED’s has failed in the
Tachometer in the instrument cluster. They are the midline clocks at the moment but thinking of upgrading to the high line clocks with the bigger centre screen.
Coding the keys to it isn’t a problem as i can do that using ODIS at work but my question is regarding the mileage as ODIS won’t allow me to change that.
Would vagcom allow me to change the mileage of the new clocks to match the cars true mileage?
Thanks guys ?

Mattyoctavia

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk5 golf TDI DSG.
Ok, so i have swapped a highland instrument cluster into my golf, coded the keys and coded it into the car using ODIS, by sheer chance the mileage on the new cluster was only 300 miles out from my cars true mileage so ill leave that alone.
My trouble is i no longer have PRNDS ( gear selection ) at the bottom on the display.
Presumably they came from a manual car before.
Also i get a "winter tyres 70mph max" warning come up when i get to 70mph. As my car doesn't have a multifunctional steering wheel i can't turn this off.
Would anyone be able to help with how to code my gear selection back in please? :)