Win $200 Gift Certificate in the IDParts.com Cold Start Contest!

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
You could win a $200 IDParts.com gift certificate or other cool prizes in the 2015 Cold Start Contest!

Cold weather brings out the "character" of our diesels every morning when we try to start them, especially in sub-zero temperatures. We've seen some pretty awesome cold start videos through the years too - like this Beetle that starts (a bad GP harness) in -26F!

All you need to do to enter this contest is follow the requirements below when you film your cold start, upload it to YouTube and e-mail us the link! It needs to be a NEW video (don't enter something from 2008) and meet our video requirements below. Contest is open to new submissions until 11:59PM on February 28th, and we'll announce the winners in our newsletter on March 3, 2015!

Video Requirements
To be eligible for this contest, your video must meet the simple requirements below:

• Video must be uploaded to YouTube and publicly visible.
  • Your video must have audio
  • You must mention "IDParts 2015 Cold Start Contest" in the video (so we know you aren't stealing someone else's video)
  • You must show the temperature (the temp display in the car is fine, we just want to know how cold it is!)
  • Vehicle must be 1996 or newer and be one of the models we support (psst...TDI swaps COUNT, regardless of year...but big trucks or locomotives won't)
  • Tell us if you use a Frostheater or a fuel additive

While it is a "cold start" contest, if it is SO COLD that your can't get your diesel started, SUBMIT IT ANYWAY! We won't disqualify you if your car can't start.

HOW TO ENTER - once your upload your video to YouTube, share the link with us at coldstartcontest@idparts.com. We will add all submissions to the 2015 Cold Start Contest playlist on the IDParts.com YouTube Channel. Winners will be chosen by the IDParts staff and be announced on March 3rd, 2015. Winners will be notified on March 2, 2015 via e-mail.

First Place (one winner) - $200 IDParts Gift Certificate
Second Place (two winners) - $50 IDParts Gift Certificate
Third Place (three winners) - Choice of IDParts.com hat or VW Hat

Last edited:

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Shoot you got me on the "no trains", but technically a locomotive is not a train until it has cars behind it! Lol. I was thinking of taking a video of a nice cold GE 7FDL, they smoke like crazy when really cold.

cevans

TDI
Shoot you got me on the "no trains", but technically a locomotive is not a train until it has cars behind it! Lol. I was thinking of taking a video of a nice cold GE 7FDL, they smoke like crazy when really cold.
haha, there have been a few strange "technicalities" we've been called out on already. This one may be the best yet...

Changed the text to reflect the proper noun, and also put a word in about swaps. Had a few Vanagon TDI swap owners ask, as well as one very fast Mk2 swap that we all know well.

Last edited:

cevans

TDI
3 more new vidoes, including our highest mileage TDI yet (over 400K!) and a VERY EMBARASSING cold start and STALL. Whoever that guy was...:)

cevans

TDI
13 videos now up! We're getting a good variety of new, old, VW, non-VW. Check out the new ones when you can!

Jetta SS

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta
I think our cold weather is about gone for the year down south. So is there a ceiling on the temp? Would like to enter if possible since the old A3 desperately needs struts.

cevans

TDI
40 videos now! The arctic air that came into most of northern USA and Canada really made for some AWESOME videos.

There have been some betrayals too - a few cars started TOO easily, and a few just wouldn't go. For those in the south - temperature will be a calculation for choosing the final winners, but, as the lottery says, "You can't win if you don't play." Even if it isn't a winning video, we'll put it on the playlist and watch the video - we'd like to see your car anyway! Lots of the entries have had some cool mods that we haven't seen before, so every video is a good video.

cevans

TDI
Final 4 days to submit! The video list keeps growing!

panthers89fan90

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI
Looks like I'm too late to submit. I took my video a few days ago and forgot to upload it because I was on a business trip in a different state. :(