Fair priced, quality TDI work available in RI

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jettawagon TDI; 2015 GSW 6MT
Hey TDIclub,

I've been apprenticing with a trusted TDI mechanic for about 10 months now, and have owned a TDI for 6 years. In this time I've learned a lot, more than I ever thought possible. I've learned proper working habits if I only take on work I can perform correctly.

I'm available in Glocester, RI to service your TDI's. I'm available for:
*Timing belts AHU/IZ, ALH, BEW & BRM (98-2008)
* ALH/AHU/IZ head replacement (yes, I've done them!)
* brakes & replacing brake fluid
* injector nozzles
* Alternator & alternator pulley replacement
* Thermostats (A3 and A4)
* Suspension & lift kit installs
* rear axle bushings
* power steering racks
* intake manifold cleaning
* replacing cam followers (attn 200K+ TDI owners needing a timing belt done)
* glow plugs diagnose & repair
* timing adjustments
* Automatic transmission fluid & filter changes, Manual transmission gear oil changes
* ABS Sensor replacement
* routine maintenance
* diagnosing & repairing low power issues
* Free vagcom diagnostics
* & more!
If I can't fix an issue, I won't throw parts a problem. I don't charge for my time if I can't diagnose an issue. I have a decent selection of parts on hand, and carry all the fuel/oil/air/cabin filters for 99.5~2010 cars. I only do quality work, and I keep my rates low.

Available for service all day Friday thru Sunday. Monday - Thur after 12:00pm
Now performing timing belts!

I'll see if some of the people I've helped would be willing to post. I also welcome feedback of any kind.

Jeremy Crafts
jeremytdi@yahoo.com
401-919-0466
1319 Putnam Pike, Glocester, RI

Last edited:

tdisky

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (hers)
fase,

Thanks for the info. When my warranty runs out I'll be calling you. Let us know when you'll start doing timing belts, too.

Skyler

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
tomo366 said:
Register as a Vendor if you are going to sell your services.
Ah. Will do. I hadn't even gotten around to that. :)

Also for sale is a KEY USB vagcom. It'll do everything up to the CAN connection type on the A5 platform. If anyone local wants it $230 local delivered to your door. I'd like to upgrade to a vagcom with CAN capability.

diesel on! That's for posting microsoot - he had a low power issue that he had for over a year. localized it to the vacuum system and found a blocked check valve!

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
The Moderator will reopen this thread when vendor status is given to Jeremy.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
ALL !! Jeremy has been approved and now has vendor status.

I have unlocked this thread.

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
Just completed my first intake cleaning on an A3 98 Jetta TDI, cleaned the intake ports on the head after swapping the intake. That's a fun job :p

looking for work :)

edit: I really dislike 15W-40 oil. I'd rather take a bath in synthetic oil than try to get 15W-40 off of just my hands.

Last edited:

Eskimo yo-yo

Veteran Member
TDI
03 tdi wagon
I'm right over in Danielson with an 03 gls tdi wagon sitting @ ~158k miles with what I think is the original timing belt

what's the cost on top of the deluxe kit to have it done?

maxxn88

TDI
'05.5 BRM 1.9L
hey man, glad i found this. I'm from Gansett, RI and might be looking for some help. I have an '05 MKV Jetta TDI, and might be looking to upgrade my injectors, and install a coilover kit that i will be getting in the near future. Maybe you can PM me a quote? Glad to see a local Rhode Islander (and a RIC student?) on these forums :thumbup:

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
pm sent

I'm now at CCRI for nursing. I finish May 2012

Looking to do another A3 Manifold & port cleaning while I have a spare manifold on hand.

ALH owners, I always have a spare on hand :)

Last edited:

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
Available for A3 thermostat replacement. I've noticed on a number of A3's that they run cool, and never hit operating temperature. It's time to replace that thermostat! Improve your fuel economy and send me a private message to schedule an appointment.

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
Performed an AHU cylinder head replacement on Saturday. Started at 8:45 with the customer and was finished by 9:00am Sunday. (The customer helped quite a bit, and we ended up pulling an all nighter). Car ran like a damn top with the new head.

Available next weekend, but will not be available from the 24th to the 27th of June.

J

catskul

TDI
1997 Jetta TDI
A++++++ Excellent Mechanic, would do business with again ; )

I meant to post this just after we completed the job, but I suppose I can write more confidently now that I've been driving it for a week and it runs like a dream:

I had a timing belt failure a few weeks ago and had been considering selling my baby and even went as far as to put it on Craigslist. When Jeremy called to inquire about purchasing it and I told him I was considering having it fixed but was worried about the cost, he offered to help me fix it.

I wavered since I had never met him, but decided to accept his offer because he seemed so passionate about TDIs. We had a few troubles sourcing a head because of my time table, but Jeremy helped me find a brand new head for a good price when a rebuilt one wasn't going to make it in time.

Jeremy and I replaced the head on my 1997 Jetta TDI a little over a week ago in a marathon 24hr mechanic session. We started early on a Saturday morning and worked on it for almost 24 hours exactly with only breaks for eating and a parts run.

He knows his stuff and is equipped with tools to do the job, and knows tricks for the challenging stuck bolts/parts. Despite our long tiring session he kept his cool and head on straight despite opportunity for fatigue. And since I was working on it right along side him, I learned a ton about my TDI and feel much more comfortable doing work on my own car.

In short, Jeremy:
* is smart
* is reliable
* can get you a decent price on parts
* has an excellent price for labor
* and will teach you about your TDI

He's young but diligent and I have no problem recommending him for timing belt and head replacement. And if you can trust someone to replace a head, you can sure as hell trust them to do the smaller things you might care to have fixed.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about Jeremy and his work.

Last edited:

Bobo4255

TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI Manual
100,000 miles later on my 2003 ALH, I'm going back for more!

Jeremy's patience the first time through was a great education when I was relatively new to owning my VW, and hopefully he'll have opportunity to sort me out for another 100k miles!

Cooper

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW (traded in 5/2015)
Just sent someone your way for DSG service and timing belt on a gasser. He said he was very pleased, will be back, and will be recommending you to people. :)

svgoodkarma

TDI
'00 Golf 2 Door 5 speed
Hi Jeremy,
Are you still available for TDI work? I sent you and email and PM'd you, a week ago, not sure if you got 'em.
Thanks,
Duncan