2009 VW Jetta "service now"

Hughlle

TDI
2009 1.9L Jetta
Hi all, thanks for having me.

I recently picked up a 2009 1.9l jetta, 57k on the clock, one owner, full regular VW service history etc. Everything has been fine (other than radio fading in and out with static) but I've encountered something that confuses me.

Overnight the dash has gone from saying service in 7800 miles, to service now. I've not been thrashing the car, rarely out my foot down, and get an average of 57mpg, so I can't see why something might have gone wrong while parked overnight. Is this something I should be worried about and have it looked at (still paying off the car so would rather not have any more expenses right now!) or is it likely to be just something quirky?

Looking at service history, the last one was 1000 miles ago, including oil, fuel filer, air filter changes etc, and 'no' ticked for repair recommendation. Looking at the booklet though, it's not had an interval service in almost 50000 miles. Just odd that it would go from stating 7800 till service to service now overnight.

Any thoughts? Many thanks.

Hughlle

TDI
2009 1.9L Jetta
For a 2006, but should be the same for your car. Just reset it and motor on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCcnwU0bXbs
Thanks rattler. It was my intended next step, just wanted to make sure that the car doesn't have sensors here or there which might mean a service is really needed, such as oil or whatnot. Spent well over the odds getting a car of this pedigree in the hope it would !want it would have !any miles before I had to start spending money (unlike !y previous fabia which was a 50k mile car and come every MOT an utter money pit!)