2006 Jetta Dsg problem

Mholmes

TDI
2006 Jetta.
Hello everyone. I have read these threads for a long time and now I need help and could not find this thread before. I bought an 06 tdi with Dsg. It has about 200k on it and it started showing mechatronics unit issues. When I drive and then stop at a light, it would buck a couple times and then go into "unexpected mech disengagement". If I stopped the car fully and then quickly let it pull on 1st it would seem to lock into gear. It also has the issue that when hot, it won't go into reverse. I can restart the car a few times and it will work normally.
I bought a new mechatronics unit from the dealer ,ouch, and just installed it. New dealer recommended fluid and the only issue on install was the fluid. I put in 5 qts and then expected a bunch of extra fluid to dump out when I went to put the plug back in, but got none. Might be low, I get that. Went for a test drive and it started and would stop like it was fixed. Then first time on the road, it won't go past 2nd. In select shift mode it shows it in 4th. Then same issues going into reverse and stopping without failing itself.
Question is does this need some kind of adjusting or tuning with a new unit?
Is this all related to low fluid?
I have an obdeleven but do not have the vagcom or whatever that one is.
Any ideas?
Thanks for years if help.

Mholmes

TDI
2006 Jetta.
Thank you very much. I'm going to have to tow it to a local VW shop. I figured that I needed more fluid as well. That's easy. I'll send an update when I get it back.

Mholmes

TDI
2006 Jetta.
The local shop is telling me that I needed to pull the original coding off vcds for the old mechatronics unit before changing it. They said that without that, they can't set the new one. Does any of that make sense?

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Yes, it is true.
But I just checked the last five 2006-2013 Jettas, one 2006 Beetle, and a 2012 Golf that I have worked on with DSG trannys and the software code was 0000020

That could be a good starting point.

Perhaps someone else could chime in if they think that it would not work.

Mholmes

TDI
2006 Jetta.
Thank you. I read that byt I was unsure. I will attempt this fix on an obdeleven and let you know how it works.