Darkside Developments CR140 GTB2260 turbo kit

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
I saw mention on a site that sells the steel upgraded shift forks that some 02Qs have full steel shift forks instead of the two piece with brass/bronze ends. Has anyone seen evidence of that?
VW had changed the shift forks from bronze to steel and they are relatively inexpensive.

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
I'm very surprised to see that the "better" gears have bigger teeth...
Larger teeth mean more strength at the tooth root, so each individual tooth is stronger, however the drawback is the tooth is angled more meaning a larger loss to friction, more wear on the tooth surface and more noise.

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
Have u quarter miled or 0-60'd this car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not yet. traction is a problem, even with a limited slip diff, and I'm trying to resolve the fueling issue

I posted this over on Storx's build thread:

http://youtu.be/OoG_s8WtqHw

to show street driveability, lack of traction especially in 1st and 2nd even with a pelequin LSD under hard acceleration, cabin noise levels

I cycle the key a couple times in one pull when the low fuel rail pressure puts the turbo into limp mode (no this does not lock the steering wheel)

the tires are 225/40-18 Michelin pilot super sport's about 2/3 wore on a rough road, so alot of sound is from the road.

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
tranny, engine and dog bone insert.

BFI recommends against higher duro than yellow for diesels. they are fine now, but at first they really vibrate and set up a resonance noise

Jeffbucc

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportswagen TDI
That is good to know Hutch, ride has finally settled with the yellow then? My motor mounts are on their way out after 50k miles of stage 2 so I figured I'd do it all at once.

1972SS454

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, 99.5 Jetta TDI
tranny, engine and dog bone insert.

BFI recommends against higher duro than yellow for diesels. they are fine now, but at first they really vibrate and set up a resonance noise

What did u end up doing for the Engine side to accomodate the Aux fuel pump, fuel filter housing and washer fluid neck that bolted to the stock mount housing?

Something like this?

Last edited:

TDI-JAY

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen 6M
...... I'm trying to resolve the fueling issue

I posted this over on Storx's build thread:
Holy cow did that video make me dizzy! Kept watching anyway, looks like the car rips!

Besides trying to fabricate a larger / different / dual HPFP - what else can be done to keep rail pressure up on a WOT pass in the taller gears to prevent a limp mode?

I know on my LLY Duramax , PPE (I think it was) offered a different fitting where the fuel line went onto the rail that flowed more fuel. It actually worked too, stopped my low rail pressure codes when I was really thrashing the truck.

I wish my 09 Had the 10' style wheel & dash in it too!

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
good video bud.. i will try to get some of my car soon as i am actually getting easier to get around since surgery... to give more comparison..

TDI-JAY

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen 6M
good video bud.. i will try to get some of my car soon as i am actually getting easier to get around since surgery... to give more comparison..
Damn man, not being sarcastic but seems like you have had a rough year. I saw you post pictures of your house in a mud slide, broken bones, surgeries, broken transmissions. Hope 2014 goes smoother! :D

v8 coupe

Veteran Member
TDI
09 rabbit 2.5L Gas
The duramax LML pump bolts right in to the factory bracket, factory gear fits and it clears the intake manifold I'm working on the line options to make it work.

I am going to either make a fitting to use a second feed line into a T-block, or I am still trying to make a crafter rail work. The duramax runs at 2000 bar and has been tuned to 500WHP before hitting the same issues we are seeing.

v8 coupe

Veteran Member
TDI
09 rabbit 2.5L Gas
Not sure I'll look this weekend. I add it all in lined up just need to get a final design for the shim to my machinist. Lines will be the biggest hurdle, but I need figure out which route I want to go.

Right now I want to get a tune for the stock turbo with increase rail pressure and see how it goes.

I do know it is different then the 3.0L pump has extra ports and sensors and is a larger housing.

eddjmemg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
I'm definitely going to do this. Going to do it in time (by the end of the year) and build it up and reinforce the parts before the turbo. I'm currently at 80k miles. Rawtek exhaust and malone stage 2 and S3 ic. Thank you for this thread it has been very informative and those guys across the pond at dark side will definitely get my business. My goal is to have that turbo plug and play and not have any of the bugs everyone seems to be having.

Last edited:

DubOn937

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, 2001 Jetta GLX VR6 (gone)
The duramax LML pump bolts right in to the factory bracket, factory gear fits and it clears the intake manifold I'm working on the line options to make it work.

I am going to either make a fitting to use a second feed line into a T-block, or I am still trying to make a crafter rail work. The duramax runs at 2000 bar and has been tuned to 500WHP before hitting the same issues we are seeing.
So we can use a Duramax pump with the correct plumbing?

n1d0n

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf tdi wolfsburg and 1986 toyota pickup SASed AHU tdi
Updates

Are there any updates?

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
Brian's car was sold to a new owner, im not sure if the new owner will post in regards to further updates.... it was kinda forced upon him due to job moving him him to an area that wouldn't allow further continuation of the project without a lot of red tape and government heartaches...

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
*In reference to the build this thread is for, not specifically that rail setup.

Nope, new owner is quite busy and I don't know if we'll get updates when they are not busy anyhow. Know that it went to a good home, living owners with the means to take care and complete it properly. :cool:

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
I'm not sure (and I haven't read through the whole thread), but I think this was done with stock fuel pump. The only upgraded fuel pumps I've seen are the GTD pump or the CP3 pump. There are threads on both. Contact a local tuner to you and they could tell you more.