Remote Start on 2012

BigWorm

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Can someone please explain the point of having this?

I started my passat, the car shut off when I opened the door?

I got into the car and it was freezing and didn't heat up one bit. Yes I know from owning a Passat the only thing that can make this car heat up is actually driving it.

If I had to guess maybe these two things. Defost the rear wind shield with those orange lines or maybe the heated seats will heat up..

I'm curious thx.

Last edited:

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Mine warms up while remote started. Here’s the trick: before you shut off the car the time before you want to remote start the car, turn the heat and the ac fans all the way up, this way when you start the car, the electric heater will turn on.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
there is a setting in the coding that you can lock a kessy car with the fob from outside while its running.

BigWorm

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Mine warms up while remote started. Here’s the trick: before you shut off the car the time before you want to remote start the car, turn the heat and the ac fans all the way up, this way when you start the car, the electric heater will turn on.
Ah okay sounds good. I'll try that tomorrow when I get home from work. I noticed after I made this post. I got into my car and cranked the heat on a cold start that heat was coming out and it was very loud. My old passat comfortline without remote start and electric heater wasnt as loud.

there is a setting in the coding that you can lock a kessy car with the fob from outside while its running.
Thank you, I'll look into this.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Ah okay sounds good. I'll try that tomorrow when I get home from work. I noticed after I made this post. I got into my car and cranked the heat on a cold start that heat was coming out and it was very loud. My old passat comfortline without remote start and electric heater wasnt as loud.
Thank you, I'll look into this.
Check bit 2 of byte 4 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper

Coding helper describe this bit as Remote Control with "Terminal 15 ON" inactive. And from what I found online, 'Terminal 15' is the switched 12V.

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/list-of-popular-mkvi-vag-com-tweaks.230071/

BigWorm

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat