• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

1998 Jetta TDI Parting Out

jjsbiggs

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 1998 white, 1997 Passat grey
I have a 1998 Jetta TDI which I am parting out because the front strut tower rusted out. Car was running fine and did not use any oil when it was parked. Send me a PM with a list of whatever you need. You can see photos in my 1998 Jetta album. Thanks for looking. I want to sell the engine complete and would rather not part out an engine that runs perfectly. I installed the engine in the car at 58K and it was a brand new engine that I bought from VW. It has about 225K on it now. I would keep the car for parts for the 1998 Jetta and 1997 Passat but I'm moving out of state so I need to start getting rid of parts before I scrap the body.

Last edited:

libbybapa

Veteran Member
TDI
'83 AHU mTDI high top Vanagon, '84 AHU mTDI pop top Vanagon, '85 Franken-mTDI Adventurewagen Vanagon, '91 Vanagon ALH mTDI tin top auto, '02 Jetta eTDI Wagon, '02 Jetta eTDI Sedan

jjsbiggs

Veteran Member
TDI
Injection pump was having no problems when I stopped driving it. The pump has about 200K on it as I replaced it with a new one at about 70K after I got a bad load of fuel and the water caused rust inside the old pump. It is the 4 lug pattern on the wheels. I wouldn't mind selling the whole car. It would make a great donor car.

Starter sold
Alternator sold
Clock spring sold

Last edited:

Stromaluski

Veteran Member
TDI
'67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '10 Cup Edition
Injection pump was having no problems when I stopped driving it. The pump has about 200K on it as I replaced it with a new one at about 70K after I got a bad load of fuel and the water caused rust inside the old pump.
PM'd.

jjsbiggs

Veteran Member
TDI
Would like to sell the AHU engine complete with injection pump, turbo and manifolds for $975. Starter and alternator have been sold. Transmission for $400.

borntofli

TDI
1998 jetta tdi
You wouldn't have an interior sunroof motor cover would you?? And interior sliding sunroof cover.....

jjsbiggs

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes I still have both. Both are in good condition. The interior sliding sunroof cover may cost you quite a bit to ship due to the size.

borntofli

TDI
1998 jetta tdi
I need the plastic sunroof motor cover... About 4" x 6"... not the sliding cover...

jjsbiggs

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry I thought you wanted the sliding cover also. It should fit in a small flat rate box. How does $13.00 shipped sound? I will not be able to get it shipped until next week if that is OK. Send me your address in an PM and I will send you my email address for paypal if that works for you.

jjsbiggs

Veteran Member
TDI
The rear seat is good. But the foam on the lower outside edge of the front seats are bad. The two rear door panels and the driver side should be good. I think the right front door panel has a small crack in the panel near the top. I will try and take a photo of the damage and post it. Thanks.

jjsbiggs

Veteran Member
TDI
Still have a good AHU engine with the intake and exhaust manifold and turbo, and the fuel injectors and pump. $750

Transmission $400

jjsbiggs

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm located about 30 miles northeast of Burlington VT. I had hoped to sell the engine complete with the pump and injectors so the timing belt would still be installed when someone bought it. I'm not sure how much used pumps are going for.

jjsbiggs

Veteran Member
TDI
Will sell the injection pump for $400. I don't want to send a good engine and lots of other good parts to the scrapyard when someone might be able to use them.

jjsbiggs

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry Ajla24 I did not see your question until now. Yes I have the intercooler and piping.

jjsbiggs

Veteran Member
TDI
Just sold the engine without the injection pump. If anyone needs anything make me an offer before I send the rest of the car to the scrapyard.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Just sold the engine without the injection pump. If anyone needs anything make me an offer before I send the rest of the car to the scrapyard.
What about the wiring harness from the inside of the dash. I only really need the section for the obd2 port and accelerator pedal. I'm doing a swap into a caddy, and have all the harness, except for those sections.
Also, how much for the injector pump?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6790 using Tapatalk

jjsbiggs

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm not sure how hard it is to get the harness out that you said you need. Make me an offer on the pump. The pump was working fine when I parked the car. This was my winter car so the pump has some surface rust on it. I would think the pump should fit in a large flat rate USPS box.

Last edited: