head porting

KROUT

persona non grata
I have 2 heads I need port work done on. Any recomendations on who to use. I need one of them done with in the next 2 weeks.

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
99, white,2 door golf and 98, white, Jetta
This is actually something that's been floating around my mind for a while now.

Are there any major differences in porting and polishing work on a TDI heads vs other VW 8v gas engines.

If there is no major differences the guy who does P&P heads for NGP does really awesome work.

Last edited:

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Dave at PP or 87turboquattro. At this side of the pond MarkoP or Stingray.

MarkoP

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 BKD 140hp
From that side of sea I would say 87turboquattro.
Though capable head porters have line at the door, so your shedule might not suite for one =)

87turboquattro

Veteran Member
TDI
97 passat
MarkoP said:
Though capable head porters have line at the door, so your shedule might not suite for one =)
thanks for the nod.i think he's picked his porter.;)

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
MarkoP said:
Hi marko, did you recieve my mail with pics or not?

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
Whatever happened to turbobuilder? from reno IIRC, he ported several heads for members here years ago and was reported to do good work...

KROUT

persona non grata
I talked to turbo builder last year about doing a head but never followed up with him. He is cheaper than Bill. But cheaper isn't always better. I have not seen work from either of them.

MarkoP

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 BKD 140hp
My friend was today in dyno with his AGR 1.9L seat.
Dyno did not have enough inertia to get 2.5bar boost pressure like on street and maximum boost was 2bars and even that needed to be "tweaked" by starting the pull later.
Because of incufficient inertia the boost pressure dropped to 1.8bars at max HP rpms.
This was his first dyno and programming is just in initial stages and he has some problems with VE pump.
But as he gets those things fixed I would guess this engine will yield to third hundred.
And no, it does not have any additives.
http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb210/supra238/AGR%20moottori/?action=view&current=Seatdynotulo2.jpg

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Not bad, what turbo does it have.. 300hp with only 2 bar boost is quite impressive, what fueling does it have, 12mm, 7 hole?

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
Great work Marko!

I think it should be a rule to film all cars like this, so that we can se how much it smokes :) (thats to me extremely important)!

//Theo

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Why DSS.. Have you tried 7 holes FB? In holland people had quite a bit troubles with DSS, fine in the beginning but after 10.000km there where gone

shadowmaker

Veteran Member
TDI
2.5TDI
Rub87 said:
Why DSS.. Have you tried 7 holes FB? In holland people had quite a bit troubles with DSS, fine in the beginning but after 10.000km there where gone
More fuel...;)

Edit. I hate that low boost @max. hp on rollers too. My van has suffered from that for years, but sticking with the same dyno is still benefical IMO.

Last edited:

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
There's said they flow a little more than regular R520.. but 7 hole flow not just a little more :D