please help!!po475 po48e..dog chewed wires

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
drove the car ( 2011 jetta tdi..60,000 miles in mint condition) for an errand and the check engine light came on.. drove about 20 miles before I could get to my shop ( I own an auto repair /restoration shop) and put on my lift to look under the car...Yep.. my little mini dachshund chewed up ALL the wires/harnesses under the car going to the oxy sensor and the epcv( exhaust pressure control valve) ..I repaired all the wires did the repair well..anyway still have a po475 ( no info) and p048e (control valve position sensor/switch.. high) ( and also a p0141 (oxy sensor..bank one sensor one)..I cleared the codes and they pop right back up.. even with the car not running..just "turned on"...I believe it may be a fuse since the wires I'm sure shorted together while I was driving it.. any Ideas?? I tried looking for the fuse locations for one that might be associated with the epcv and oxy..no luck..anybody please help locate the correct fuses?/ I don't know what else could be the problem..I have vcds..I really appreciate it!!

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
If the light is still coming on instantly, then the wiring is still lacking continuity. Check the wiring you repaired from the sensor to the ECU.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
thanx...There are 2 connectors under the car in this location. one for the oxy sensor and the other for the epcv..the male plugs for both were not damaged..and have good original wiring going out (about 5 inches) and then exit from the under body plastic cover.( where my dog could not get to!). the repairs were to those wires..all repairs are fine..soldered and heat shrink (marine grade)..there is something else wrong..thinking a fuse since the wires ( then exposed for 20 miles) I'm sure contacted each other ( possibly shorted?)..hopefully did not blow the ecm! I doubt it.. must know what fuses link to the 2 harnesses..if any? Thanx again

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
If the code sets instantly, then the wire does not have continuity. *EDIT*, or yes, it can be the fuse too

P0141 is a heater circuit malfunction.

Can be the fuse, the sensor, the wiring, or the ECU. Have you checked to see if you have voltage at the sensor when the key is turned on?

Do you have a test light to check all the fuses (in car and under hood)?

Last edited:

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
I appreciate it..I have just about any tool you can find or need to work on most cars..(shop owner) removed connectors at each end of damaged harness ( one end to epcv other end to body connector) put on bench and checked for continuity..I am an electronics engineer..I have checked for continuity..there is continuity...thanx again!;)..will try to check for power/signal failure to epcv..if I can find a schematic for this:eek:..still would like to know if there is a fuse for this circuit though.. should be but where?? will wait for someone that knows this car more than me i hope to see if there is a fuse for this or not..or I'll start pulling them...one....by.... one....by one.... Thanx..141 shows the oxy sensor..bank one sensor 2..that is the other damaged harness...now also repaired..doubt it could be sensors..

Last edited:

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
well..the innova 3160 scanner is still showing the codes..I can clear them but comes right back up.. but if I use vcds and run a scan no codes shown.. I have used this innova for a couple of years with no problems.. just can't figure out why it insists that the errors are still there? Tried it on a couple of other vw's and no problem..But the vcds still shows clear..there is no check engine light anymore also after driving it for a few miles..any thoughts?