'03 Golf GLS Tdi 4dr - FOR SALE

pitch

TDI
Golf GLS Tdi, 2003, Indigo Blue
\'03 Golf GLS Tdi 4dr - FOR SALE

I have a 2003 Golf GLS Tdi, 4 door, Monsoon Sound, 5 speed, 26K miles, Indigo Blue w/ beige interior, excellent shape. I can't fit the dog, kids and wife in there and my commute is now 4 miles one way. I bought it new in March, 2003. Plenty of warranty left. I have all local VW dealer service records.

I am asking $15,500. I love the car but just isn't as practical as it once was. Baltimore, MD.

Email me at pitch@bcpl.net.

pitch

TDI
\'03 Golf GLS Tdi 4dr - FOR SALE

Yes, I do. I am at work now and the photos are at home. Look for them tonight or tomorrow at some point.

pitch

TDI
Re: \'03 Golf GLS Tdi 4dr - FOR SALE

I am talking to a dealer tomorrow about a truck. I wanted to sell the tdi rather than trade. Looking at current prices, this would list for around $16K to $17K at a dealer. I would rather someone buy this for a lesser amount. With so much warranty left, it seems a shame that a dealer would make money off of this vehicle. If you are in the market, I am willing to consider any offer.

I am the original owner (Feb. 2003). I always took good care of this car. The dog set foot in it once, but with a mexican blanket all over the back. I bought the monster mats early on to keep the carpet from wear. I had the dealer put on the splash guards. It had 130 miles on it when I got it from the dealer. I never parked it close to anything. I would rather walk across the lot than get dings. No dings to date. Two or three little grain size marks on the hood from normal road grime. All dealer servicing.

Monsoon was only option, moonroof, typical GLS equipment. No CWP or EPS. I have both on our Eurovan and can see why they are popular.

Going once...

Loosenut

TDI
None yet

Unfortunately I need to sell my '05 STi before I can buy anything, otherwise I would really be interested. If my situation changes I will let you know.

Gary

pitch

TDI

Thanks. We had snow two days ago and around here, everything shuts down. I went by the dealer last night, but the salesman wasn't there, even after I told him I would probably come by. The operator at the dealership didn't tell me on the phone that he wasn't there but she was more than willing to offer that when I got there. I know all dealerships aren't the same, but a little courtesy and considerations wouldn't hurt.

I will probably talk to him today. I am going to see what he gives for a trade in. I'll post once more when I know something more definite. Carmax has already given me a price that I may be able to live with.

I would say I should be doig something within the next week.

SputnikTDI

Pitch- just currious but what is Car Max offering you?

PM me if you don't want to post it in the forum.

Thanks!
Sputnik

mebelee

TDI
Always Looking .......

Nice Golf. I will buy it from you. Why is murphy's law always right? Your clear off on the other end of the US from me!

mebelee

TDI
Always Looking .......

Oh, BTW, I am a SERIOUS buyer in Arizona with a blank check I can make out for up to 27 grand. Just looking for the right deal and I like your car. I currently own my own 2000 Golf (same colors) but If I can buy yours, I can then sell mine. There seems to be a LOT of people in Calif. with loads of money. Every time I list a TDI for sale I get someone coming out from California to buy it. I have no worries, I can pay you for the car, and have it picked up by Able Auto tranport. No Sweat. I really need to buy from a private party, Arizona does not charge any sales tax if I buy from a private party, but they will charge over 8% if it's a dealer, and that's what kills me. (unless they changed the law in 2005 and I am unaware of it, but I doubt it.)

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline

Pitch, have a bump.

This car still available?

Matt_OToole

Veteran Member
TDI
none -- car free for now!

I really need to buy from a private party, Arizona does not charge any sales tax if I buy from a private party, but they will charge over 8% if it's a dealer, and that's what kills me. (unless they changed the law in 2005 and I am unaware of it, but I doubt it.)
This could be a big deal in a high sales tax state, making it worth buying a slightly used car vs. a brand new one. On a brand new TDI the sales tax could be almost two grand. So you're really paying a premium for newness, and/or those first few thousand miles.

pitch

TDI

It is. I do have someone that has contacted me, well actually two, but I am giving priority to a private party sale ( Sorry, Steve... if you are reading this. I got your message and was busy this past week. I will call you this week ).

The private party buyer is working out some issues on their currently owned vehicle. I am in the same boat so I understand, but cannot necessarily wait indefinitely. Please PM me is you are interested and I will keep you posted. I am not interested in creating a bidding war, not that I am implying that will happen. I would prefer dealing with potential buyers as they contact me and there seems to be strong interest. So if they are no longer interested, I would gladly talk to you. Again, PM and we can talk about any questions you may have.

Thanks for the bump. With all this talk about a $0.24 ± rise in gas prices over the next week, maybe interest in TDI's will jump proportionally.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline

Pitch,

Status on this one?