Additional CCM coding and configurations with VDS Pro

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
mtltdi said:
But Lito, if someone forces the door lock, it will turn off the alarm, even if the windows don't roll down, the door will be unlocked - this is something that Miguel's mod prevents.
I'm going to do both! Since my roll-down feature is already disabled.

Thanks again, Miguel.

L

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Hello, I need to update the procedure, because the one described is for another thing... ups :-( That procedure is for activating the beep and blinkers flash when opening/closing with the key... Sorry for this but I have a tremendous mesh sometimes with these hundreds of bits.

The addresses/value to activate the "inmo disconnection" are

- 04355, 04356 and 04357: There can be two possibilities for this value: In those cars with stock alarm without interior monitoring, the value could be 255. So in the chance of having 255 set for these addresses, the mod consists in changing this value to 128.

- If the value read is different than 255, it is another procedure; for example, for an European golf with interior monitoring, the value will be 24. Converting this to binary: 00011000. We have to change the first bit in bold to 1... so the new number will be 10011000, which is equal to the decimal value 152. Writing this value at addresses 04355, 04356 and 04357 will activate the mod.

Sorry for the confussion... but watch it like two mods in one ;-). cheers!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Miguel,

We can activate the beep and blinkers flash with the key via vag-com.

My suggestion is to delete that MOD1 in your thread and just leave it as MOD2 by itself.

Lito

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
tongsli said:
Miguel,

We can activate the beep and blinkers flash with the key via vag-com.

My suggestion is to delete that MOD1 in your thread and just leave it as MOD2 by itself.

Lito
Hmmmm, not sure about this... I think that if you did not have alarm before, what you can enable/disable with vag-com is only the FOB part... not the key part... I will confirm when I have some time to investigate.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
madelgado said:
Hmmmm, not sure about this... I think that if you did not have alarm before, what you can enable/disable with vag-com is only the FOB part... not the key part... I will confirm when I have some time to investigate.
Well, all the vehicles in North America come with the factory alarm. So I do not know anyone who doesn't have the factory alarm.

If you have the factory alarm, your vehicle lights and horn behaves the same way whether you are opening with the switchblade key or with the FOB(Radio Remote). I'm not 100% sure about the selective lock and unlock because I hardly use my key to open the door. I can check on my wife's car because we use the selective unlock on her car.

Lito

Last edited:

alex_pescaru

I've downloaded today the content of my CCM. It is a 1C0959799B module, on a 2001 VW Passat.
Here is a link to my data. It's a 500 byte file, with data from address 4100 to address 4600.
http://www.axelzone.ro/car/axel_ccm.hex
In this moment it is set in a way that windows will roll-up/down by keeping down the coresponding button.
It is interesting that some data exist from 4512 to 4557. In madelgado dump, this zone was empty... What could be there?
Maybe this will help somehow for the one-touch roll-up windows project...

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
alex_pescaru said:
With VDS Pro and with much patience... :)
Sure about the patience... well, downloaded and added to the spreadsheet that at some point I got from aRd who helped me a lot in finding the values for the DWA and Interior monitoring...

I am still working on my folding mirrors... I got this week three 6208-3 ICs that I hope to sold soon (I have to take out the windows and the motor and take it home, so not easy). BTW I guess that I found the bit to enable the folding mirros capability (I changed that bit, but as the IC was missing, the only change is that the motor suffers a software hang when I actuated on the folding switch). In the same byte, there are other positions for stuff related to the mirrors, because I have compared those values with my rear motors and those values are 0 in the rear motors... I hope that one of them is the folding when open/close with FOB :D

And more... there are other bits that I suspect that control the "auto" feature of the power windows and map it with messages from the CCM/master door. I have noticed differences between the front power motors and the rear power motors... for my passat 3BG, the rear motors have no way to activate the "auto open" or "auto close" capability... like Audi does... I altered the driver's door master switch to add the "auto" function to rear buttons with no luck... but I will try all of this as well; and related to this, is maybe the auto-roll-up/down with FOB that you are waiting for... for me is the least interesting feature ;-) but if I find it no doubt that I will post it. I have nothing agains the chinese man, just that he (who is nobody) locks your CCM forever so you cannot apply any other mod to it... It is a sort of lie, because you pay for a mod, and not for a lock of your CCM. That is the only thing that pisses me off... I can understand that someone wants to make money out from this worldwide hobby, because maybe he is forgetting about all the things he learnt from others who spent hours after hours trying to figure out any other things.

Just to say thank you for your contribution! A dump of your power window motors would be more appreciated at this point that I am, if you still have a bit more of patience ;-) Addresses:

Driver's door: 0x2000 (hexadecimal)
Passenger's door: 0x3000 (hexadecimal)
Rear left: 0x4000 (hexadecimal)
Rear right: 0x5000 (hexadecimal)

Thanks again to believe in my work!

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
I'm looking for the part number for the interior monitoring sensors. Can one of you guys point me to the correct part # please.

Nate_Grauvogel

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T-Reg Exec
mtltdi said:
I'm looking for the part number for the interior monitoring sensors. Can one of you guys point me to the correct part # please.
For your '03 Golf (GLS=w/sunroof, I presume:rolleyes:), I show:

1J0 951 171 E (left) (from 5/02)
1J0 951 172 G (right) (from 12/02)

Also, the color codes are Y20 for Pearl Grey, 8YS for Light Beige, B41 for black (GTI and R32)

Hope that helps! :D

alex_pescaru

madelgado said:
A dump of your power window motors would be more appreciated at this point that I am, if you still have a bit more of patience ;-)
I will do it as soon as possible. This can be even tomorrow. Do you have any idea how long (bytes) would be those zones (0x2000, 0x3000, 0x4000, 0x5000) ?

madelgado said:
for my passat 3BG, the rear motors have no way to activate the "auto open" or "auto close" capability... like Audi does... I altered the driver's door master switch to add the "auto" function to rear buttons with no luck... but I will try all of this as well;
What do you mean by that? When you keep the buttons pressed on your FOB, only front windows open/close? Because on my 3BG all windows open/close as long I keep the buttons on the remote pressed.
Or do you refer to that 2 position type switch that exists for the front windows, where a slight press will roll the windows as long as you keep it pressed and a full press will roll windows full open/close?

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
Nate_Grauvogel said:
For your '03 Golf (GLS=w/sunroof, I presume:rolleyes:), I show:

1J0 951 171 E (left) (from 5/02)
1J0 951 172 G (right) (from 12/02)

Also, the color codes are Y20 for Pearl Grey, 8YS for Light Beige, B41 for black (GTI and R32)

Hope that helps! :D
Thanks Nate! :)

shag

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport Edition
What are the part numbers for a non-sunroof '04 Jetta? What about the disable button?

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
alex_pescaru said:
Or do you refer to that 2 position type switch that exists for the front windows, where a slight press will roll the windows as long as you keep it pressed and a full press will roll windows full open/close?
This one... pictures are posted in another thread... sorry, no time to look for it :-( I think it was something like "auto rear windows" or so.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
madelgado said:
This one... pictures are posted in another thread... sorry, no time to look for it :-( I think it was something like "auto rear windows" or so.
You said you have modified the switches for auto up/down, but the windows won't go up/down automaticly? I wonder if this is similar to the power mirrors being with memory or without memory? There may be sensors to enable this function that are missing from the rear motor/door module.

Just a thought.

Jason

alex_pescaru

madelgado said:
I believe that the input of those signals in the CCM module is directed to a microcontroller that has the corresponding pin(s) configured as A/D inputs. This because, you saw, there are different resistors, with different values that are put to GND through the switch. I believe that the microcontroller read the voltage on those resistors, convert it to digital and execute the corresponding command.
Ingenious approach, because you can use a single wire for a lot of commands.
Did you compared the values of those resistors from front to existing resistors from back? Did you used the same values for the back?

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
alex_pescaru said:
I believe that the input of those signals in the CCM module is directed to a microcontroller that has the corresponding pin(s) configured as A/D inputs. This because, you saw, there are different resistors, with different values that are put to GND through the switch. I believe that the microcontroller read the voltage on those resistors, convert it to digital and execute the corresponding command.
Ingenious approach, because you can use a single wire for a lot of commands.
Did you compared the values of those resistors from front to existing resistors from back? Did you used the same values for the back?
Yes, I used the same values... in fact I took the resistors from another switch with only the front buttons (auto). When reading the measurement blocks with vag-com, I can see that the front power window motor recognises properly the auto/manual position of the rear buttons, so the motor is sending the apropriate command to the CCM. If the CCM gets this message, the rear power motors do as well... the only thing is that they are not enabled to do anything... I suspect that it is configuration, because I guess that the HW is there... if the window is up and you push the up switch, you will hear the relay cutting-off power to the motor...

alex_pescaru

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
alex_pescaru said:
Thanks, man... BTW, I got the folding mirrors up-and-running :D. As I was suspecting, the missing IC would make the HW part complete, and the SW part is pretty obvious from the comparisons among all the motor dumps that I had a chance to compare...

So it will work if you manage to get the chip or take it out from a normal front power window motor...

Once that the HW is complete (folding mirrors and the IC attached to the power window motors) this is the vds-pro part:

connect with vds-pro to module 46, and with login 19283 as usual ;-)

Then let's read this address: 08223. It will show ten values... just look at the first one. For my passat, it was 155, also for seat toledo, leon, ... But I found value 89 in a Seat Ibiza and Seat Córdoba... just to let you know. Anyway, when moving to binary, it does not really matter about the decimal value, but just one bit... and if the motor is not enabled for folding mirrors, this bit will be 0 for sure.

So 155 = 1001 1011

As usual, the bit in bold is the bit; the one that disables the folding mirror capability. So that to enable it, we have to replace this 0 by a 1. Our number now is 1001 1111 = 159.

Now we have to write this number (159 or the one resulting from setting the bit to 1) three times (due to replication), at addresses 08223, 08268 and 08313.

With this, the operations on driver's door is over. Now we have to repeat the process for passenger's door. We read then from address 12319 and we expect to get the same number that we got when reading 08223.... 155. Convert to binary and set the same bit. In my case, I got also 159 for passenger's door. So we write this at addresses 12319, 12364 and 12409. With this, we enable the passenger's door power window motor second TLE 6208-3(G).

The graphical evidence (with the help of a friend moving the switch in my passat):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMoURPH7kxw

Best Regards!

I am now in the process of finding the way to make the CCM to fold/unfold the mirrors when using the FOB to cose/open the car...

alex_pescaru

madelgado said:
Thanks, man... BTW, I got the folding mirrors up-and-running :D.
Good for you! And I am happy if I was of any help...

BTW, I've saw on some cars that when you are adjusting the left mirror, the right mirror is moving too. On others, the adjust procedure is independent.
Do you know "the bit" for this behavior? Or how you can disable/enable this feature?
Thanks!

madelgado said:
I am now in the process of finding the way to make the CCM to fold/unfold the mirrors when using the FOB to cose/open the car...
Maybe in this way you will figure out how you can close the windows automatically too... :)

Did you have the chance to explore with an oscilloscope the data bus between the central convenience module and the door modules? I mean, when you hit the close/open button on the remote, there is any information sent through that bus?
I am trying to figure out where the modifications should be made for this. In the main CCM configuration area (0x1000) or on the power windows configuration area (0x2, 3, 4, 5000).
Maybe the main CCM is broadcasting the command for autoclose windows and the door modules, if enabled, should execute it.
Do you have any idea of how is this working?

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
I am with the same thoughts... I do not need to use oscilloscope... the base signal is can-bus, which is perfectly defined and with its own specs... so no problem for that. With a can-bus analizer (which I do not have) I could find out the messages that the CCM sends or broadcasts to the window motors... I do not have that info, yet.

What I can share with you is that the CCM is more silly than what we may think, because I got the car once WITHOUT the CCM unplugged and the FIS tacho was showing the status of the doors properly and I would bet that the power windows worked perfectly... I would bet also that the CCM has nothing to do with the folding mirrors, and the auto-close feature is in the driver's door... but until I don't do further testing I will not know :-(

Cheers!

shag

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport Edition
Another thing I'd like to see would be auto-mirror down on reverse like on BMW's...

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
shag said:
Another thing I'd like to see would be auto-mirror down on reverse like on BMW's...
I know it works on the cars with memory seats. The power seat module is responsible for it. Also there was a coversation about needing different mirrors for memory function to work because the possition sensors are missing out of the non-memory mirrors. It would be interesting if it could be done any way.

Jason

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
I have recently installed my memory seats with memory-and-folding mirrors and it works as you say... the seat reads the position of the mirror; when in reverse mode, the seat moves the mirror to the pre-selected position, and when in forward mode again, it restores the position. Very nice... but this is because of the memory seat... and also because the memory mirrors can "know" the exact position in which they are...

Pics of my memory seats install in this Spansh forum: http://www.vagclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21899

Cheers!