MKVI Jetta RCD 510 to RNS 510 and bluetooth swap.(GPS and B1052 open circuit issues )

maddog468

TDI
2011 6mt
Like the the title says swapped a stock RCD 510 to a RNS 510 part number 3C0035684J firmware 5382 into my 2011 Jetta TDI.

Also swapped the Bluetooth module from a 7P6-035-730 "C" to a 7P6 035 730 "K"

Two main issues:

The gps lags behind the car by about 3-5 seconds and sometimes does not show the car on the correct road or not on a road at all. Ex. If you are on a interstate sometimes it will show you on the parallel road. I have between 6 to 12 satellites at anytime. Not ever seeing this system in a factory set up is this normal?

Where's the Compass????

I thought the car might have a position sensor (1C) but cannot find it. Below is a picture of the Gateway installation list from VCDS. No where to uncheck the position sensor as all the forums direct you to do. Do all the MKVI Jetta TDI's come with a compass module?

I have the small white display on the instrument cluster with no compass info.

The gps antenna is above the two A/C vents under the dash.

Picture of my instrument cluster: Note no compass info

Seriously, I'm not driving in the lake :eek:

9 out of 10 satellites and I'm still in the lake. I'm really driving on the road to the right of the map.

My next issue is:

Control Module for Cellular Telephone
B1052 13 [008] - Open Circuit

Can't figure out if this is something I can code out or rewire a part of the wiring harness. As far as I know all functions of the radio and Bluetooth work properly.
Is this something I have to worry about?

Thanks for your help,

Last edited: