Christmas gift ideas

FL2AK-tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS Sedan
I have a 5 year old little boy that is crazy about the "Cars" movie. He was also big into the "Herbie Reloaded" movie. He likes that the cars are "race cars."

I really, really, REALLY, would like to steer him away from NASCAR.

Has anyone seen VW Rally team or other rally cross racing gift item?

T-Shirts, replica race cars, etc.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
FL2AK-tdi said:
I have a 5 year old little boy that is crazy about the "Cars" movie. He was also big into the "Herbie Reloaded" movie. He likes that the cars are "race cars."

I really, really, REALLY, would like to steer him away from NASCAR.

Has anyone seen VW Rally team or other rally cross racing gift item?

T-Shirts, replica race cars, etc.
Contact the team and see if they would autograph a tee shirt for him in exchange for a small donation to their efforts. They are online here occasionally

FL2AK-tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS Sedan
whitedog said:
Contact the team and see if they would autograph a tee shirt for him in exchange for a small donation to their efforts. They are online here occasionally
An excellent idea!

Do you know their user id?

Also, who is the gverning body for tha racing class? Do you have a link to them? That would be a good starting point as well, n'est pas?

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Go to the section here about racing. I forget the name of it, but scroll down and you will find it. Look for posts about the rally team. Go from there.

FL2AK-tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS Sedan
whitedog said:
What a great idea you had WD. I'm juealous I didn't think of it first. I sent TDIracing a PM yesterday before work and by this morning they had responded. They are going to see what they can scrounge up and asked what address to send it to. Great guys.

Oh and their webpage has an Adobe Apache pagemaker holder on it. I guess they're redesigning or something. Just a guess.

StockRocket

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta
I was in Radio Shack last week and saw a small NB RC Xmod car. You can upgrade the wheels, tires, engine and even suspension parts. Some of the parts are pretty small so they could be a choking hazard.

I was thinking of picking one up for my nephew. Do 5 yr olds eat toys?

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
You can get a 100-pound bag of Kiddy Chow for not much money. (Stick with Baby Chow for the little ones.)

klufkee

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE :( 2002 Toyota MR2
whitedog said:
You're supposed to feed them?

Hmmm... Won't that cost money though?
Don't get me started!

I have three of 'em and almost EVERY single day they are asking for food or something.

'blah, blah, blah. I'm hungry. blah, blah blah. When can I come out of the metal box. blah, blah, blah. But it's MY turn to play with the broken glass.'

Never ends.

(While the above may make for a humorus comedy sketch, I do not condone malnutrition, placing children in small metal boxes, or playing with broken glass. OK, maybe the glass can stay.)

Bill K.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
klufkee said:
Don't get me started!

I have three of 'em and almost EVERY single day they are asking for food or something.

'blah, blah, blah. I'm hungry. blah, blah blah. When can I come out of the metal box. blah, blah, blah. But it's MY turn to play with the broken glass.'

Never ends.
ROTFLMFAO!!!!

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
IIRC, R8 models didn't start REALLY showing up until near the end of the R8's run.

FL2AK-tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS Sedan
TdiRacing said:
I will have a signed posted of the rally car sent to your son. We do not have any t-shirts left.

Oliver
See what I mean? These guys rock! Thank you and Merry Chrostmas. I'll send you a PM to figure out how I can return the favor with a donation or something. Friday is payday so that's well-timed.