Audi A6 2.5 TDI 2002 not starting

Wart_Hog

TDI
Audi A6 2.5TDI Quattro 2002
Hi, I'm new here so I hope this is posted in the right place. I have an Audi A6 Quattro 2002 2.5 TDI which isn't starting (turning over but not firing up). The mechanic who is working on the car is trying to find out what is happening between the engine fuel pump and the engine ECU and we've been searching online for a wiring diagram that shows the engine ECU Pin Data but haven't been able to find one. I hope it's ok to ask on here if anyone has one they can share please? Many thanks for any help, it's much appreciated.

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
While we never got the same car/engine sold here, some basic troubleshooting principles apply for a non starting car.
- have you confirmed ECU (car computer) condition by scanning for codes using VCDS?

Wart_Hog

TDI
Hi, many thanks for your message and taking time to reply. The mechanic who has the car hasn't got VCDS, but he can connect to it / see it using Snap On but can't get any codes with it. He thinks the problem is between the engine fuel pump and the ECU and wanted to check the continuity between them. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
When you say "he cant get any codes with it using snap on" does you mean there are no codes stored? Or does he get some error message ?

Do you know if your car comes with some in-tank lift pump?

Wart_Hog

TDI
Hi, as far as I know he couldn't see any codes with snap on, I'll check with him in the morning and let you know. I'll also find out about the in tank lift pump too.
Many thanks.

lovetogo

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Bypass'

If the car is turning over normally. Tell your mechanic to bypass the filter housing in the eng compartment straight to the pressure pump and see if it fires up . don't bother taking the top off first. just by pass it

Wart_Hog

TDI
If the car is turning over normally. Tell your mechanic to bypass the filter housing in the eng compartment straight to the pressure pump and see if it fires up . don't bother taking the top off first. just by pass it
Hi, many thanks, I'm going in to the garage in the morning so will let the mechanic know.