www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old January 2nd, 2015, 23:43   #1
Nebuula

Default se wisconsin looking for parts

Hello all, new here and trying hard to find a replacement front bumper and other odds and ends for a 97 passat tdi w the z1 motor. Anyone know where to go online and or locally? I cant find anything...ive found everything except the bumper
Nebuula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 03:53   #2
lovemybug
Veteran Member

Where in Wisconsin are you?

I can't believe how much crap I can fit in this thing.
lovemybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 08:40   #3
Nebuula

Near milwaukee, willing to drive for vw knowledge haha. Im having trouble finding iut what lug studs to order. My enkei rs5 rims are waiting on them. I need a narrower head and conical or flat seat but how can I findout my thread pattern or what the stock thread pattern and bolt size is? M12 14x1.2? My stock was ball seater but the enkei rim channel is flat
Old January 3rd, 2015, 14:05   #4
lovemybug
Veteran Member

For the bolt threads, you could ask any parts place that sells vw lug bolts. They should know or can look it up.

As far as other parts for your car, there's not really anything close that you could get parts from. It looks like you'll probably have to go down to IL if you want to pull your own parts.

This place lists a 1996 Passat in inventory. http://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locat..._Rockford-250/

This one just had a 1997 Passat come in just before new years. http://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locat...ue_Island-582/

This one has a 1997 Passat that came in mid November of last year. http://www.picknpull.com/locations.a...w=Detail&ID=64

Otherwise, call around to the local salvage yards and see what they have in stock.

Old January 3rd, 2015, 22:01   #5
lovemybug
Veteran Member

This just popped up in the for sale section here. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=431487

Old January 4th, 2015, 16:01   #6
Nebuula

Thanks for the help guys. Going to call about the 97. Miraculously 3 b4 body style vws have popped up on CL near me _ SO I've been scrounging.

How would you recommendiadapting for my enkey rs5 16x7's? Should I put in studs or just get extended wheel lugs? I was thinking of spacers in the back
Old January 6th, 2015, 17:44   #7
Steve Addy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 97 Mk3

I was going to say that standard BMW lugs are conical, but they're no longer than standard VW lug bolts so if you go with spacers you'll be looking for something longer.

Steve

You didn't poison the coffee, did you? Not anymore than I usually do.
Steve Addy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2015, 07:18   #8
jasonTDI

Fuel Economy: 13.7 c, 12-15 towing hwy. 17-19

BMW lug bolts are almost all M10 now so a lot smaller.
Old January 7th, 2015, 21:37   #9
Nebuula

Quote:
This one just had a 1997 Passat come in just before new years. http://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locat...ue_Island-582/
The link takes me just to the chains main page. Where is this located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemybug View Post
This just popped up in the for sale section here. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=431487
Thank you so much lovemybug, and great find. Pms sent
Old January 7th, 2015, 23:36   #10
lovemybug
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Nebuula;4707773]The link takes me just to the chains main page. Where is this located?/QUOTE]

Each location has it's own page. You should see the contact information on the left side, with the address. That particular location is on the south side of the Chicago metro area.