Where to get turbo oil return line

98JettaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta
It seem all the places online I've used in the past to buy parts aren't replenishing there MKIII stock. I can't find this part anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as its leaving spots everywhere I park!

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I love IDparts.com and often refer people to them but in this case 1stvwparts.com has the same parts for less. About $18 cheaper before shipping.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
use the part numbers for the items.

028145736AE
N90837101

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
Or you can make one!

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
I got the steel line from Advance Auto(25') I think it was 5/16", the ferrels(spelling?) were 8mm got those at a hydraulic supply shop. If you can get 8mm steel line that would be best but mine has not leaked.

s.pavel6

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 Jetta TDI
I know this is an old thread, but where is a good place to get the oil FEED line for AHU? idparts does not seem to sell it..

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
Since this thread came up, is there any consensus on replacing this line and/or the return line over time? Mine are probably oem, there was no mention of them when I had the turbo replaced, nor this last time when the turbo was unbolted for the head overhaul. Good insurance to replace, or unneeded? I have no leaks that I can see.

Last edited:

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
When I replaced my turbo I replaced both lines.

I had both lines ready to go just in case. I've seen & heard about siezed compression nuts crushing the oil supply line when trying to remove. My return line was leaking and the new return line and block fitting is a better design that the original banjo-bolt and crush washers, less chance of oil leaks.

Compard to the price of a turbo and the time to change it out, new oil lines are cheap peace of mind to have at the ready.

:)

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My feeling is to replace them now when you touch them for other work while they are still available from Vw. At 14years old Vw will probably not carry these much longer. Start getting familiar with the term NLA (no longer available)

Besides if one fails it could take out your engine and turbo if you don't heed to the buzzer.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I've seen & heard about siezed compression nuts crushing the oil supply line when trying to remove.
:)
You mean, like this?

This came on an AHU engine I removed from a junkyard car on which the turbo failed, so they scrapped the car. Can't imagine why it failed...

I also had a spare feed line in reserve but did not need it since mine was OK. I did upgrade the drain line since the outer metal sheathing was looking a little tired.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I do have one in my cabinet as a spare. I think vendor ryanp sells stainless steel braided ones,just not sure which size/length we need for the AHU. I should take an old feed line I have someplace that makes lines and see how much for a custom line...... Kerma sells stainless steel braided feed lines also-or just buy the OEM ones-idparts, www.1stvwparts.com.

jd123541

TDI
98 jetta TDI
prothe sells em for 20 bucks, Hes got a bad rap on parts but I dont completely agree with that, And have never had an issue w any part returns. Anyway I made one with some high temp/ high pressure 5/16 hose off ebay for $15, I used the old ends and put a half bubble flare on the ends, slide the line over and clamped w/ high pressure band clamps. Works Great and has been working well for several hundred miles!

chrisvb

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 jetta
in a pinch (here in canada) "checker rubber " makes up lines and with the old one they can jury rig something.