Stage 4 Malone Concept for 2.0CR? Fuel Pump Questions.

southernxswthrt055

TDI
Mk6 Golf TDI
Hi, I currently have a MK6 Golf TDI. I'm running the CR170 turbo upgrade with Malone Stage 3 with other multiple mods as well. I was at SoWo this past weekend. Fixmyvolkswagen brought their "stage 4" turbo upgrade kit which would be apparently released next year-it's essebntially their verson of the darkside development kit.They are trying to work with Malone to figure out a stage 4 tune that will work with the fuel pump issue--that it cannot keep up with the fuel needed. There's not a lot of discussion on this matter. I have heard a rumor that it is impossible to upgrade our fuel pump, same eith upgraded fuel injectors. Does anyone stateside have any idea on this? I was discussing it with my husband and wondered why you can't run the fuel pump from the GTD, if they've been able to handle the upgrade with darkside's kit in the UK. Does anyone know?

-Kristen

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
1)The kit is from Malone Tuning
2)Not a concept, it will be reality in a few months
3)A few fuel options are being actively tested and researched to be able to handle the 2260 at high rpm
4)This kit is very different from anything available as it can be used with emissions compliant hardware

MIVWTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
12 JSW DSG (RIP), 15 GSW
Les From GDM would be the best person to speak with. He has been doing all the R & D and resourcing all the parts. He has been using my car for several weeks and can tell you exactly where he is with this project.

info@germandiesel.net

Last edited:

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Whoa!

4)This kit is very different from anything available as it can be used with emissions compliant hardware
What? A high-power option that retains DPF? How? I had figured that anything beyond stock was incompatible with the DPF simply because the CR170 turbo requires DPF-delete (not to mention my perception that most HP-chasers remove the DPF early in their game). Is this new kit going to work with the DPF? Or do you mean something different by "emissions compliant hardware?"

I hope I don't seem confrontational or naysayer. I really don't know what this kit means.

Thanks,

Scott

BuzzKen

TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
Whoa!

What? A high-power option that retains DPF? How? I had figured that anything beyond stock was incompatible with the DPF simply because the CR170 turbo requires DPF-delete (not to mention my perception that most HP-chasers remove the DPF early in their game). Is this new kit going to work with the DPF? Or do you mean something different by "emissions compliant hardware?"

I hope I don't seem confrontational or naysayer. I really don't know what this kit means.

Thanks,

Scott

The cr170 doesn't easily connect up to the egr systems without custom piping.

This kit is designed to 100% work with the stock dpf and egr systems.

TDIA3

TDI
2011 A3 TDI 2260vk
I have the 2260 and I am still looking for a fuel pump upgrade that is reliable and functional without any issues.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
It's great that the malone gtb kit will allow retaining the emissions stuff. I suspect a very small percentage of people who get the kit will actually want the exhaust bottleneck.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Are there any updates on this kit, or does anyone still check this thread?

Kevinski4

TDI
It's temporarily on hold until dieselgate blows over to ensure emissions compatibility with whatever VW's 'fix' is.

Buckwild90

TDI
2013 golf tdi with dsg(Buyback), 2001 Jetta tdi 5mt 414k miles, 2002 Jetta 5mt 289k miles
It's temporarily on hold until dieselgate blows over to ensure emissions compatibility with whatever VW's 'fix' is.
Thanks for letting us know something. We're all patiently waiting.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Too bad, considering most of us who do these mods are the least bit concerned with dieselgate, especially those of us who do not live in CARB states. But, I suppose for legal reasons, the reasons make sense.,

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
Too bad, considering most of us who do these mods are the least bit concerned with dieselgate, especially those of us who do not live in CARB states. But, I suppose for legal reasons, the reasons make sense.,
You're probably right, but part of this kit was to maintain factory emissions or at least have the option to.

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
You're probably right, but part of this kit was to maintain factory emissions or at least have the option to.
Bingo. I'll have the fix performed on my car so it can still be registered in any state. However, I'll seek out the aftermarket solutions if the recall hurts the durability. I'd also go for GTB kit if(or when) the factory turbo gives up the ghost.

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
It's great that the malone gtb kit will allow retaining the emissions stuff. I suspect a very small percentage of people who get the kit will actually want the exhaust bottleneck.
My thoughts exactly

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
It has sure made testing interesting. 2260 doesn't fit in from the top so that'd be a lot of fun with the DPF intact, although a 1756 or 2056 will be better for that setup. It's also being aimed as a stock replacement kit.

2056 and 2260s are going great, 1756 can nearly run fine on a standard stage 2 tune (underboost code in certain situations) and we're playing around with some hybrids too.

Been pretty swamped over here so that unfortunately slows R&D, customers have to come first. Will be doing a smaller initial run with existing customers before a large general release to increase the sample size and get more feedback from varying climates.

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
I am most interested in emissions compliant turbo & ecu upgrades, NJ has emissions testing. I should have some VW apology money coming and want a bump in power. Nothing too crazy as this is my daily driver and am at 150k miles-14 Passat SEL (ckra).

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
When I get mine back I’ll be running a 2260 with a cp3
I'm interested in this. I'm getting the fix done in a couple weeks (currently returning to stock so I can get it done), then using VW's money to play. I've already got a CP3, so I'm looking at a BW/CR170 and Stage 3.5+, or seeing if I can do the 2260 and something like a stage 4

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
We did this week cp3 with 2260 top mount + all the rest mods needed, 245hp smokeless easy (stock clutch) for another 2-3 months so torque was limited.
Engine is oval port CFGB.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Seeing similar, stock injectors seem to max out around there on ea189s, past that durations are too long for sustained higher speed use. CR170s work well, but the top end on a 2260 is a whole different story, power till 5 grand no problem :)

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
No doubt on the power all the way to 5 grand. Looking forward to getting those cams and springs in. Thinking it will happen in the next few weeks. How much to turn up the rev limiter? 5,300? More?

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
5200 5300 is enough imo. depends where you make most of the power.
i've seen a drag 2.0 CR from uk making 450hp at 5400 or 5500 iirc