Buffalo, NY to TX

ccs32

Veteran Member
TDI
blue '02 Jetta
My family trekked down to Texas for the holidays. We left in our MKIV Jetta with a Rolo roof top box (collapsable) on noisy OEM roof bars, two Nokian WR snow tired up front, two contipros on the back, and about 25 gallons of WVO. We made it to Dallas in 23 hours with my pregnant wife, my 1.5 year old baby boy, and my amazingly well behaved dog. Rested in Dallas for a day and then headed to Austin to visit some college buddies.

In austin we got a screw in one of the snow tires that could not be repaired... There is NOT a snow tire dealer in Texas... I also felt I was in limp mode traveling up one the hills outside of Austin on I-35. Turns out that a turbo vac line was nestled up with the EGR cooler and melted away just enough to spoil my fun. I temp fixed the vacuum line and back came the power!!

The trip back to Buffalo was 21 hours straight. I LOVE blowing by 6 and 8 cylinder vehicles when I am weighted down up a huge long hill... Their faces are priceless.

I LOVE my powerful Jetta (even though it is pretty damn small in there with all the shut we NEEDED to bring along).