BioDiesel workshops?

VWScully

Veteran Member
TDI
looking for one :/
Hiya Everyone;
I've gotten some people asking me again about how to make Biodiesel and they're interested in it etc. etc. so I'm considering offering Bio-Diesel workshops; just the basics about Biodiesel from waste/used vegetable oil and how to make and use it in your Diesel vehicle.

Would anyone here be interested in such a workshop?? What would you like to see/learn? How much $ would you pay? (cuz I gotta earn a living here too :eek: ) and what kinds of resources would you like? Manual? Websites? Materials?? Let me know cuz I'd like to give the people what they want! ;)

auto_tech

Vendor
TDI
SOLD - 2001 Jetta blue; 2016 Jetta 1.4TSI 5spd
how long would such a workshop take to go through the whole process? I'd think if someone was interested in biodiesel, they're also interested in saving money. So a lower cost would be better :)

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
I be interested in a bio-diesel workshop.

Where would you hold it?

RDA3440

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I would be interested too. I've got 25 acres in the Peterborough area and was wondering if it would be feasible to go biodiesel from crop -> tank. More than happy to allocate a few acres to a project like that!

Brian B

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon - Silver
I've read a bunch online stuff but it is always good to do things in person and with a group. That way questions can arrise that you may not have thought of. I have no problem spending a few bucks especially if you get a manual or something but again, most of us are cheap buggers (sorry, Thrifty:D) and typically give our time freely to other members. I'm sure once I know more about the process I would be happy to share.

Thanks for offering to set something up:)

I would also like to see a system that's already set up and working to get ideas as well

VWScully

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, it's possible to do it like I've done in the past; just a GTG at my farm on a day that I make Bio-diesel :).
People can pay in food ;).

gdunn

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2k, Green, Auto: Jetta 2003, Black, Manual
Count me in, too. I've done lots of reading, but no processing. I'd love to see something in action.

moesracing

TDI
jetta
hello im new to making bio diesel well looking in to start making it,
i wanted to know if the class was ever done this year or not, and it there was still plans to hold a class, regards
Martin

VWScully

Veteran Member
TDI
3 years past....it's been a while since we heard from scully
Sorry! My bad :eek:. I did have a couple of small get-togethers/workshops on my farm as well as attending a few TDI Club meets to discuss Biodiesel making. However, my poor old Bio-bunny died in 2011 and was sold to someone who had more money for restoration! :eek:

I now have a 1.8T Jetta and don't make Biodiesel any more; sadly because my Dad passed away and he was the man responsible for the construction and maintenance of my Processor. (He was an Engineer; I just did the Chemistry!) ;)

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc
is still a great source of Biodiesel information though if anyone is still interested :).
Cheers!

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Sorry! My bad :eek:. I did have a couple of small get-togethers/workshops on my farm as well as attending a few TDI Club meets to discuss Biodiesel making. However, my poor old Bio-bunny died in 2011 and was sold to someone who had more money for restoration! :eek:

I now have a 1.8T Jetta and don't make Biodiesel any more; sadly because my Dad passed away and he was the man responsible for the construction and maintenance of my Processor. (He was an Engineer; I just did the Chemistry!) ;)

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc
is still a great source of Biodiesel information though if anyone is still interested :).
Cheers!
Thanks for the link.