Loss of power after repairs from front right collision

papacap

TDI
2005 Jetta
Hey All,
So I've recently done some major repairs on my 2005 TDI Wagon (5-speed) including replacing the intercooler, lift pump, fuel filter and airbags after a collision in the front right corner.
When I first took it out for a test drive I noticed stuttering at low throttle, especially in second gear. After a bit of driving through the city this subsided and I just chalked it up to some air in the fuel lines (although it did feel like I still had low power in 2nd gear).
So I park it overnight and the next day I get on the freeway and around 40 MPH my check engine light comes on. I didn't have a choice and I wound up driving another 10ish miles over which I notice I'm getting significantly reduced power. Can barely hit 65 MPH and very noticeably less power in second gear (but no stuttering).
So I ran a scan with VCDS lite on the engine module and got 4 errors including mass flow sensor (improbable signal) but foolishly forgot to save the output (lesson learned). I cleared the errors which turned off the check engine light and the stuttering immediately returned. I drove around a bit including getting back up to speed but couldn't get the engine light back on. The stuttering is back but only at low throttle and power loss is very noticeable.
I'm hoping that someone has an idea about what is causing this based on my account. I will update with the VCDS scan info as soon as I can get the engine light back on.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Make sure all those intercooler hoses and connections are tight. The 05’s have the clip system for the hose connections sometimes they don’t seat correctly or if the little nubs are worn they will come apart either completely or partially. You’re car went into limp mode.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Make sure all those intercooler hoses and connections are tight. The 05’s have the clip system for the hose connections sometimes they don’t seat correctly or if the little nubs are worn they will come apart either completely or partially. You’re car went into limp mode.
+1 on that. Stumbling on acceleration usually accompanied by a hissing sound is the usual tell for a boost leak. The check engine light would be because the MAP sensor (Manifold Air Pressure) does not see the pressure it expects.