2002 Golf TDI with Dashboard Light out.

rixtory

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI GLS Black
Hi, I have a golf TDI 2002 Model. The light in the dashboard around the heater and AC controls is out. I called the dealer (Still under warranty) and they said it is a non-covered item. He said it is easy to take apart the dash and replace, but I haven't figured out a way yet. can someone guide me in doing this?
Thanks
Rrick

fw_fw

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, Platinum Gray
There is a single bulb (#2721 I believe) that is located behind the center fan speed knob. Pull off the knob and it is hidden behind it. Check VWVortex' A4 FAQs in the forums for a thread with pictures.

KomarekTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD: 2003 Golf GLS TDI - Black
Installation tip - buy a few inches of fuel line that is just large enough to slip over the new bulb. I took about an inch of fuel line, split it in half lengthwise, and used it to protect the fan speed knob from being marred by the pliers when removing the knob. Then take the fuel line that you sized up for the bulb and slip it over the old bulb. The friction from the rubber hose is enough to remove the old bulb. Then take the new bulb and insert just enough of the bulb into the hose to hold the bulb - less is better. Then install the new bulb with the hose and since you didn't slip the hose over the bulb very far you should be able to seat the bulb and pop the hose off the bulb.