www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Non VW Group Diesels

Non VW Group Diesels This section is for discusion of Non VWGroup Diesels.

View Poll Results: What interests you about this thread?
Technical info on this car 1 50.00%
First person accounts of a new owner 2 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 24th, 2017, 14:06   #466
bobdfsh

Sorry I have been traveling a lot. We love our E250 bluetec. We have had two issues with it. Once his spring and last month the check engine light came on. I drove to a dealer and they fixed it. They said it was an emissions sensor or something. While waiting at the first dealer, one of their mechanics overheard my conversation with a parts person about a trailer hitch. Later the mechanic came to the waiting room to tell me that at the moment he had both a E350 and my E250 on racks. He said he looked both over carefully and he is very confident that a trailer hitch for an E350 will fit the E250. I plan to order the Curt C11001 model and will have to wait to have it installed in November when I return to the area. I will keep everyone posted.
bobdfsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2017, 08:04   #467
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdfsh View Post
Sorry I have been traveling a lot. We love our E250 bluetec. We have had two issues with it. Once his spring and last month the check engine light came on. I drove to a dealer and they fixed it. They said it was an emissions sensor or something. While waiting at the first dealer, one of their mechanics overheard my conversation with a parts person about a trailer hitch. Later the mechanic came to the waiting room to tell me that at the moment he had both a E350 and my E250 on racks. He said he looked both over carefully and he is very confident that a trailer hitch for an E350 will fit the E250. I plan to order the Curt C11001 model and will have to wait to have it installed in November when I return to the area. I will keep everyone posted.
Glad you are enjoying your car. I have the hitch harness that was discussed previously here and will be trying to fit it on this September since I am taking a lot of time off. I know an Autologic Mercedes shop in LA who will try it. IndigoBlueWagon has some of the hitches that were discussed here, so if the harness seems to work I'm going to order the hitch from him next. I think it would be good if one of us at a time was the guinea pig, so if you do go first I'll be following you, but I should have some news as well next month. Were the CELs costly to fix? How many miles did you have when the CELs happened? Were you at the dealer long? I have about 30k. No CELs or other issues yet except a few minor ones I mostly fixed during my service times. I'd have to study everything I posted here to remember them. I have 30k flawless miles in city stop and go and on the freeways, my combined went up to 33 mpg from 32 I had at first. I feel like Kojack speeding around the streets.
;

Last edited by ssamalin; August 25th, 2017 at 08:15.
ssamalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2017, 12:24   #468
ssamalin
Veteran Member

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...-pickup-truck/
Old October 2nd, 2017, 15:30   #469
bobdfsh

CELs went out around 30,000 and 35,000 miles. Cover d by warranty
bobdfsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 00:31   #470
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Default MB Euro Dieselgate lawsuit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bertels.../#5af6b87a35ea
https://phys.org/news/2017-07-daimle...lion-cars.html

I still don't read about a smoking gun, or in this case, tailpipe. Where's the beef?

Also VW is talking about a new diesel engine that meets the new Euro regs:

http://www.dw.com/en/vw-says-new-die...ean/a-40420382
http://www.dw.com/en/eu-introduces-m...sts/a-40311996

Last edited by ssamalin; October 12th, 2017 at 00:53.
Old October 12th, 2017, 04:55   #471
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssamalin View Post

Ah, a Nissan pickup with a tri-star badge. What is the deal with companies and rebranding things? Do they really think the public is that stupid, or are they just that lazy?
Old October 12th, 2017, 07:49   #472
jnecr
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40ish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
Ah, a Nissan pickup with a tri-star badge. What is the deal with companies and rebranding things? Do they really think the public is that stupid, or are they just that lazy?

I said to myself "self, that doesn't look like any Nissan truck I've seen!" But upon further internetting:
Old October 12th, 2017, 09:11   #473
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
It has your choice of 3 diesel engines: two brand new Mercedes fours, or a six. I think that when the false charges of cheating last July are past, those engines will come here. The EPA has already cleared the E250BT engine of defeater type cheating.
Old October 12th, 2017, 09:46   #474
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

I was wondering about the Nissan connection and then remembered the Infiniti QX30, which is a Mercedes GLA in a Nissan body. With a Mercedes engine, in that case. It's all about amortizing development costs.