Nav update?

Pat Dolan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Variant, 2015 Q7
Well, our new '15 Q7 didn't make its first 1,000 kms without setting CEL for emissions issues (I believe related to "the fix" screwups), plus by the time wife got it to dealer, receiver in door lock not responding to key fob "lock" signal. While she was there, she asked if they could update the nav database, that was out of date in 2015, never mind now. They replied that for that year, it would be a $800 bill !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geez, the screw jobs at VWAG never end.

Is there a proper workaround to doing this?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
This is how we fixed that issue at Lexus:

:D

Seriously, be happy you CAN update it at all. No idea if you can find someone to do it cheaper, but the idea of having something like that smack in the middle of my dashboard would keep me from ever owning anything like that.

Pat Dolan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Variant, 2015 Q7
This is how we fixed that issue at Lexus:
:D
Seriously, be happy you CAN update it at all. No idea if you can find someone to do it cheaper, but the idea of having something like that smack in the middle of my dashboard would keep me from ever owning anything like that.
BBBUUTTTT Toyuters are puuurrffect, aren't they?

I have not tried this yet, but got the link over at audiworld: https://upgrademyaudi.net/tutorials...mi-2g-3g-3g-types-of-audi-navigation-systems/