Need 10mm alh distribution pump valves

Ray299

TDI
Beetle
And all the parts lists I see they are called fittings. They are on the head of the pump. I need a set of four but Volkswagen doesn't sell them separately. I see places online but they are overseas. Just wondering if there's anywhere in the states that sell these... Anyone?
1998 1.9 tdi

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Out of curiosity....... why do you need them?

Ray299

TDI
Beetle
Out of curiosity....... why do you need them?
I did in injector pump reseal and after putting it all back together I'm getting a cylinder to misfire with too much fuel. I think that valve is letting too much fuel to that cylinder. If I'm going to replace one I should replace all four...

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
That's a pretty expensive assumption. These valves don't control the amount of fuel, they are involved with the end of injection event.

Last edited:

Ray299

TDI
Beetle
That's a pretty expensive assumption. These valves don't control the amount of fuel, they are involved with the end of injection event.
It's the only way I can think of as to how the #2 cylinder is getting too much fuel..and the only thing I played with that has anything to do with separating the fuel supply... The gaskets I replaced affect all four cylinders, not just one. The valve I took out and played with is the cylinder that's getting too much fuel.... Any other thoughts? Or something in not thinking of that you know of?

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
This seems to me to be more likely a worn injector whose pop pressure is too low. If it starts the injection event too early then it will inject too much pressure.

Alternatively, something in the nozzle on that injector might cause this problem. That is, a worn needle could allow too much fuel to flow.

It would be much easier to check the injector than try and replace the fitting you are inquiring about.

Cheers,

PH

Ray299

TDI
Beetle
This seems to me to be more likely a worn injector whose pop pressure is too low. If it starts the injection event too early then it will inject too much pressure.
Alternatively, something in the nozzle on that injector might cause this problem. That is, a worn needle could allow too much fuel to flow.
It would be much easier to check the injector than try and replace the fitting you are inquiring about.
Cheers,
PH
Got it. Thank you!

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Swap that injector with another cylinder.
Either 1 or 4.
What’s your injector balance in VCDS show?