www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > General VW Discussion

General VW Discussion This is a place for General VW topics (the company, not your vehicle). General topics about a specific vehicle should be posted in the General TDI Dicussion Forum sections for that vehicle platform. A4, A3 & B4, B5, etc.

Old November 6th, 2018, 06:14   #1
thostby

Default Any VW employee member can answer a question?

Hi, I'm looking for any kind of VW employee that can answer a question regarding a specific TSB, and what it means.

It can be PM if you want.

Sorry if this is not the right sub.
thostby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 03:13   #2
AMGE36

Ha Ha Ha
You cant find the one from VW - Mercedes - BMW who know something
There do the job as robots reading instruction from job title only.
Ask them what is proper tire pressure * tell you to read what is written on the tire sidewall.
AMGE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 15:49   #3
Fixmy59bug
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Check my Fuelly Tag for most up-to-date numbers

AMG,

You’re just a hate filled little troll, aren’t you?

There are many employees at the dealer level who know what they’re doing. Until last month, I was with Vw for over 14 years. I’d like to think I knew/know what I am talking about.

Unfortunately his question was about a corrosion related warranty TSB, so being a parts guy I was unable to help.
Old November 12th, 2018, 19:37   #4
yahmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixmy59bug View Post
AMG,

You’re just a hate filled little troll, aren’t you?

There are many employees at the dealer level who know what they’re doing. Until last month, I was with Vw for over 14 years. I’d like to think I knew/know what I am talking about.

Unfortunately his question was about a corrosion related warranty TSB, so being a parts guy I was unable to help.
There are plenty of signatures on my passat that make a serious case to keep it away from a dealership.
yahmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2018, 20:46   #5
itsmejerry
Veteran Member

You're from Norway. I know that warranties vary greatly from one country to another, so trying to ask a warranty question here may be a futile effort as what applies in one country, may not be the case in another. (although the TSB's usually are).

That being said, you should contact your local dealership. If that does not prove fruitful, go up the chain to VW in your region.
itsmejerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2018, 03:24   #6
thostby

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmejerry View Post
You're from Norway. I know that warranties vary greatly from one country to another, so trying to ask a warranty question here may be a futile effort as what applies in one country, may not be the case in another. (although the TSB's usually are).
That being said, you should contact your local dealership. If that does not prove fruitful, go up the chain to VW in your region.
Yeah I know, but I'm interested in hearing how it works elsewhere.
Old November 16th, 2018, 17:03   #7
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

Just because there is a TSB about something, doesn't mean it's a warranty repair.

Given that *zero* information has provided about which TSB or its contents, the original poster's question is unanswerable.

I don't work for VW and don't have access to VW TSBs.
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2018, 06:35   #8
thostby

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
Just because there is a TSB about something, doesn't mean it's a warranty repair.
Given that *zero* information has provided about which TSB or its contents, the original poster's question is unanswerable.
I don't work for VW and don't have access to VW TSBs.
I wasn't sure if I should post all details first or not. That's why I asked around for someone first.

Maybe I should've posted the entire question incl. details. I'll probably do that if this isn't working
Old November 17th, 2018, 09:47   #9
pdq import repair
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 38.5

Visit your dealer. I just took my car in for the emissions recall at my nearest dealer, who is a two hour drive away from me.

Everyone in the service department was excellent in answering all my questions and even then some. Often times you will find the people working for a dealer are enthusiasts themselves and that is why they stay there.
pdq import repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2018, 15:53   #10
meerschm
Veteran Member

not every person who works at a dealer is wonderful.

I had a service rep, at a dealer very close to where I used to work. they would give me a ride back to work, which was nice.

he was friendly, and popular with folks who posted here.

I stopped by one day, I think to activate the vw gift card.

anyway, I had located a TSB related to my car's hood and corrosion. this is over and above the usual VW rust warranty.

at this point, the rust had migrated from the edges to under the paint.

this service rep claimed he could not find the TSB, and proceeded to pick at the rust with his fingernail, saying he doubted it would be covered since it looked like it was from a ding.

I asked him to step away from the car, and asked how one would start the corrsion claim.

he said I had to call VW.

when I did, they said the first step is to see a dealer service department.

I went to a different dealer, and the service manager had no problem finding the TSB, said no issue, and scheduled a time for me to drop off the car for the hood replacement.

so the moral of the story is to be informed, and be a little assertive. (not an ass hole, but just know what you should get, and ask for it)

most of the TSBs indicate which cars they apply to.

Free advice: it is worth what you pay for it. (sometimes)
meerschm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2018, 18:07   #11
thostby

@meerschm, yeah and that's why I am doing my research thanks for your informative post!