PT Cruiser TDI?

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
Anyone tried this one? And I know you may think its easier to import one from Europe. You do that and I'll give you $2000 for it. I have engines and trans. wondering about fitment?

CFM

Veteran Member
TDI
1995 Saturn with a 1997 TDI drivetrain.
Take a look at my Saturn TDI project; I think the PT has a little more room under the hood, but it will give you a fair idea of what I did and some of the obstacles I had to overcome to make it all fit and work together.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
I have often considered something like that... I think the MK4 setup would be the easiest fit since the chrysler products use a similar mounting system.. The only hiccup would be axle shafts but that might not be a huge deal if you get creative.. Both have the same 5X100 lug pattern so it might be as simple as some custom wheel bearings to use the VW hubs in the crysler knuckles. They are very similar in width but I haven't measured it exactly.. When I was measuring up things to do a Focus ZX3 swap the width of the wheel hubs was within 1/2" of the VW, and the front suspension design was the same so I was going to use the VW knuckles/brakes with the Focus lower control arm re-drilled to accept the VW ball joint.. Good stuff..

CFM, I've been following your Saturn thread from the beginning.. Very nice work.. I think the PT will be easier to fit physically partially from the chrysler using the same type of mounting system without a big subframe underneath..

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
I think the PT cruiser can be had in Europe and it used a VW tdi engine, meaning all the work is done all that needs to be sourced are parts.

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
Sorry my bad I just read on wikipedia the PT in the Rest Of World had a 2.2 crd made by Mercyless Benz.