2011 Jetta TDI :)

Rgarza06

Veteran Member
TDI
11' Jetta TDI
Well I picked her up today 12-17-2010 got her for a great deal and I had the dealer throw in some extra stuff for free :cool: ( and i thought i sucked for negociating lol ) well here are some pics of her when I picked her up BTW it was the first 2011 TDI to be sold at that dealership and here in the Rio Grande Valley to boot, so I feel like a badass :D

Me and the TDI :eek:

The new Guard Dog ;)

btw that white truck is mine :) this baby is getting limo all around tomorrow just like my truck :cool:

Last edited:

Ski in NC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta ALH 5sp stock
I like!! My local dealer said (a month or so ago) that it would be spring before the US spec tdi's came in. Nice to see them early, for a change! Car reminds me of my MK4, which is extremely practical. The MK4 seemed boring at first, but it has really grown on me. Form follows function!

Congrats on the new ride!

spoonchucks

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Awesome ride, dude! I put an order in last month, hopefully it gets here soon! :eek:

How long ago did you put your order in?

Any interior shots? Also, what configuration did you go with?

Last edited:

Rgarza06

Veteran Member
TDI
11' Jetta TDI
thanks guys that's the thing I never put an order for it lol it was just by coincidence that it was coming from houston and like I said it was the first 11 tdi in the valley and well it came with 16s some pple said it came with 17s but idk and it came without navi which was ok ( already bought gps on black Friday) lol but I love it ill post pics tomorrow with tints git them done today 12- 18-2010

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
I like!! My local dealer said (a month or so ago) that it would be spring before the US spec tdi's came in. Nice to see them early, for a change! Car reminds me of my MK4, which is extremely practical. The MK4 seemed boring at first, but it has really grown on me. Form follows function!

Congrats on the new ride!

There is a dealer in east Charlotte that has 3 of these beauties in stock . Three 2011 Jetta TDI-CRs are on the lot in east Charlotte 704-537-2336 , all DSG though :mad: .

sqhschief

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDi, 1981 Chevrolet LUV Diesel! Non-turbo :(
I don't know, I don't really like the looks of the new ones.

nuclear

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V
WSJ had some interesting comments on this car

Unfortunately, the artifacts of all the cost-cutting extend to even the best-equipped model; and so our Jetta SEL with Sport package was saddled with some of the cruelest, cheapest plastic dash and door materials I've seen in years. What an awful way for petrochemicals to die! The innards of this thing make a Chevy Cruze look like a Maybach.
- WSJ

On a side note, the Chevy Cruze is a very nice small car. Drove one today

cvairwerks

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 NB 2004 Audi A8L gasser 1999 A4 Avant gasser
Wall Street Journal....

Couple of other people reviewing the 2011 have had the same comments about the plastic.

ToeBall

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
It is true that VW has cut cost significantly, especially in the interior materials department, and from what I'm told, the Mk 7 Golf will be the same way. OTOH, the material quality they did use was excellent for the price of the car so even cutting corners, they're still not bad by any means. If you really want the extra niceties, just pay the extra couple of grand and grab the equivalent Audi. Personally, I buy a car based on potential and turn it into something I truly enjoy. For that, there wasn't a better car then the one I bought for close to the money (the Audi couldn't be had in TDI with a manual). Congrats to the OP, hope you enjoy your car for long years to come.

Rgarza06

Veteran Member
TDI
11' Jetta TDI
thanks toeball yes I do love this car even if vw cut the cost and I plan to keep it for a long time btw toe are you using any additives in ur 2010 tdi?

ToeBall

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
Apparently Power Service. I haven't been using anything to begin with, but with winter fuel quality dropping, I was planning on adding something to keep any water emulsified to protect the HPFP. My brother just gave me 6 gallons of the stuff. He had it for his van which he no longer uses and with the way I drive, that's about a year's worth.

horsieclatter

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
that's sweet rg, congratulations. that dark blue is the same color as mine and should hold up just as well...(as mine is still "new" to me in my mind's eye but it's already yikes! egad?eons*coff#coff# a decade-ish old) Please post pics of your interior.

Rgarza06

Veteran Member
TDI
11' Jetta TDI
that's sweet rg, congratulations. that dark blue is the same color as mine and should hold up just as well...(as mine is still "new" to me in my mind's eye but it's already yikes! egad?eons*coff#coff# a decade-ish old) Please post pics of your interior.
@horiseclatter mine is actually black not dark blue ;)

Congrats on your Jetta.. now get that plate off of the front right now!
i know i want too!! i just got the plates in today as a matter of fact and i was thinking of taking it off, i gotta tinker with it cuz i dont want to mess up the paint lol:p

Rgarza06

Veteran Member
TDI
11' Jetta TDI
tomorrow ill take pics of the interior for you guys, i love it it feels comfy except for the arm rest :/ but nothing i cant deal with for a high mpg car :)