Alh automatic transmission or conversion...

jaca

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDi 2013, 6speed Highline. 2003 Jetta TDi station wagon, 5speed
My friend just bought alh wagon he wants to bring back to life .Car has busted automatic transmission (drives only on selection 3). Engine is running good .Where would be good place to buy good automatic transmission or how much would be conversion to 5speed tranny? Any shops recommend? Any advice appreciated .Thank you

dober

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Silver Jetta TDI, 2006 Jetta Wagon
When my 2000 Jetta stopped shifting gears Buzzken was able to replace some parts and I got another 80k out of the transmission before I sold the car

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
When my 2000 Jetta stopped shifting gears Buzzken was able to replace some parts and I got another 80k out of the transmission before I sold the car
What parts?

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
i got all the parts to do a 5spd swap minus the transmission

250 for literally everything

i have done MANY MANY swaps like this...worth it everytime

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
I wouldn't waste the time to put another Auto in it, you'll be doing it again within a year or two. Make the extra effort now!

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
I wouldn't waste the time to put another Auto in it, you'll be doing it again within a year or two. Make the extra effort now!
All depends what the owner needs...With the PR valve upgrade these can last a long time...Much longer than I've seen some driver's go through manuals! :D

jaca

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDi 2013, 6speed Highline. 2003 Jetta TDi station wagon, 5speed
He decided already wants to do swap for manual 5 speed .
Just need to arrange place and with person doing it .