Anyone try fighting VW Canada re Rust Warranty?

OilyCanuk

TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the warranty period for rust perforation from VW? Will my 2000 Golf still be covered? Have rust in several places...

PduBerer

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI GLS (RIP), 2002 Jetta TDI GLS, 2014 Golf Wagon TDI DSG Wolfsburg Edition, 2014 Touareg TDI Execline
Oilycanuk- you need to figure out what date your car was first put on the road. The warranty is 12 years from that date. You may still be lucky

MrHomz

TDI
2011 Jetta 2.0 TDI 6MT
I was told that there is one person for all of Canada that approves/denies claims. I took my '04 TDI into Belleville VW on Mar. 10th, and nothing yet. Said it may take a while. I spoke with them a month ago to try and light a fire under them, and they had JUST gotten approval from VWOC for a claim that was put in the beginning of September. Belleville VW automatically authorizes fenders without going through VWOC, but anything else will take time (my hood is separating close to the windshield, hence my delay).

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Do not go to Pfaff what a waste of time! Waited 2 months to tell me that its not covered. Going to see what Bramgate can do for me. Is there someone in particular you guys speak to when visiting Bramgate VW?

Last edited:

kcb

Veteran Member
Just got the hood replace at VW Richmond Hill with the less rust at the hood pin area than you have shown. Also got my hatch replaced for the second time. Went in June, got the job done last week.

Ken

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
I waited four days to be approved by Cambridge VW. say what you want about them, but they did a quick turnaround on the rust warranty and I had the job done, with a new painted fender in two weeks. now mind you they turned down the driver's side fender because it had been hit (the hole was only caused because there was rust perforation). so not 100% satisfied.

PduBerer

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI GLS (RIP), 2002 Jetta TDI GLS, 2014 Golf Wagon TDI DSG Wolfsburg Edition, 2014 Touareg TDI Execline
Just got the hood replace at VW Richmond Hill with the less rust at the hood pin area than you have shown. Also got my hatch replaced for the second time. Went in June, got the job done last week.

Ken

Really... Im going to have to make another trip to Bramgate then and get them to submit my hood too, might as well as I have nothing to lose

TheBigE

TDI
2006 Jetta wagon automatic Previously: 2002 Jetta Automatic
Dalmar vw in London was awesome when I went in a few years back on my 2002 Jetta. It was about a year before my 12 years expired. Both my front fenders had rust bubbling up above the wheels. The body shop manager came out and instantly said when can you bring it in. Brought it in a few days later and got two new fenders installed at 380k. They looked great and all he had on me was my first name. Amazing guarantee no matter the mileage or number of owners. He also gave me the expiry date of the rust guarantee but nothing else failed before that date.

j_martell

Veteran Member
TDI
Reflex Silver 2006 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon
Thats awesome. Still waiting for a call from Guelph VW. I also noticed in the conformation email I was sent, that alot of the fields (model etc) were incorrect, along with the locations i selected that were affected.....theyre gonna be surprised its a 2006 Jetta, not a 2002 Beetle.

wonder if it has something to do with the fact I use a tablet and not a "computer".

Gibby

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Wagon
Geoman,

To many bad stories, just replaced my buds rear wiper motor yesterday due to extremely careful removal and reinstall, every wire was ripped open by one of the above listed dealers.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Thats awesome. Still waiting for a call from Guelph VW. I also noticed in the conformation email I was sent, that alot of the fields (model etc) were incorrect, along with the locations i selected that were affected.....theyre gonna be surprised its a 2006 Jetta, not a 2002 Beetle.

wonder if it has something to do with the fact I use a tablet and not a "computer".
I would start a new claim. If the VIN and the model/year don't don't match, they can just simply ignore or deny the claim and then you'll need to start again anyways.

j_martell

Veteran Member
TDI
Update.....

Went in for the inspection in early September, VW approved driver side fender, both quarter panels, and the tailgate. Wouldn't do the passenger fender because there was no rust at the top of the arch. Fast forward to last Friday, and the body shop calls and says my parts are finally in and I'm booked to have the work done the week of Jan 18.

Also noticed while picking up some parts from a fellow TDIClub member that the paint at the top of the wheel arch on the passenger fender is starting to peel. I'll be getting in touch with Guelph VW next week to try and get in to have Shirley check it out and send a claim to VW.

Never before have I been so happy to see paint peeling :).

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Start another her claim and fill out the online form before contacting the dealer again but it takes more than 2 weeks for VW to review a claim so this probably will have to be done later than you current claim. My '06 Jetta is going in today for fender hood, both quarters and a trunk lid.

j_martell

Veteran Member
TDI
.....yep....I know it won't get done in time to be fixed all at once.....

Just saying I'm gonna get it in and the ball rolling on the passenger side. That's the last panel with damage.

:)

Brooklin Express

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 TDI jetta Wagon 5spd 2014 Audi Q 5 TDI
I just picked up a 2004 Wagon rust in the usual spots. I called VW Canada on December 31 to start a claim they told me that the warranty expired December 29 2015.

I spoke with a Supervisor no luck.

Is there anyone else I should talk to?

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
Warranty starts on the "in service" date when the vehicle is first delivered. Your 2004 was likely delivered in Dec 2003.

j_martell

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, you may be hooped.....

12 years from the in service date....the day it was picked up/delivered to the first owner. Usually the year before the model year. The inside of the book in my car said September XX, 2005, and it's a 2006 MY car, so I have till September 2017 to get it all sorted

Edit: not sure how I missed Uberhare's post.....

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
One more reason cars should be year specific to the day they are first registered (like they do in Europe). Otherwise you can. Have a one and a half year old car that's still has the same designation year as the car just sold. There should be no difference between model year and in service date year.

Gaggu P

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat B5.5 BHW
Any recommendations on where people have been getting the earliest appointment to see someone from VW to have pictures taken, paint inspected and submit a claim to VW? Bramgate VW is booking their appointments into late July :/ Cars out of service date is Jan 3rd 2017... I'd like to get in quicker so I don't get screwed because of delays...

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Any recommendations on where people have been getting the earliest appointment to see someone from VW to have pictures taken, paint inspected and submit a claim to VW? Bramgate VW is booking their appointments into late July :/ Cars out of service date is Jan 3rd 2017... I'd like to get in quicker so I don't get screwed because of delays...
Try Don Valley VW body shop. I've had good experience with them.

Gaggu P

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat B5.5 BHW
Just filled out the form online and sent em a follow up email. Will post results as soon as I know.