Indianapolis TDI'ers UNITE!

Would a GTG June 7th or 8th work for everyone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
regarding the New, New beetle:
If anyone is interested in the official inter-company release, I think I saved it on my work computer and could forward....
I really like it. I think the design is a lot more functional than the previous version- more hatchback-ish.

On a side note, I always seem to cross paths with a white GTI that has a crazy vinyl decal overlay on the side and hood and black rims. I see it a couple times a week around Binford/69 on my drive home. Tonight I was actually close enough to mess with him a little- I found out his car FAST. VERY FAST. Like Holy SSHHIITT fast. Not that I have a race car or anything, but it is fun to dart in and out of traffic. The GTI had 150 yards on me in a matter of about four seconds, I'm guessing better than 120 mph by the time he let off. It sounded like a cross between an F1 car and a Lamborghini at WOT. I was impressed to say the least.

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 DSG golf- wife stole it
new bug hitch

Just get a Bosal or a draw-tite and we will put it on when we get to your free skid plate install,,,, maybe that will get me some time with B. As for GTG we can do something next weekend it looks like, and I might have my 2011 golf by then so yall can stare and drooowl..... and the best part is the wife picked it out--- we have turned her into a TDI geek

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
Frank- did you get a manual or dsg? 2 doors or four? We need to know these things!!

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
my new toy

Hey it is a DSG dark grey color, 4 doors, cause im lazy and dont want to move my seat...windows will be tinted shortly, everything but NAV- i hate nav

Going to philly saturday morning should be back with her monday morning.

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
Holy crap

Man these new golfs fly, according to the PA state troopers. But he was nice and let me go with a stern YOU SHOULD SLOW DOWN TO BELOW 80. Needless to say I picked up the new golf Saturday and I love it.

TheBullwinkle

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS
Very cool Frank. Guess that puddle was a blessing in disguise cause you got a major upgrade from it. You should upload some pics.

Later,
Joe

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
No puddle it was just raining that hard. As for the upgrade the old one was very nice and I still miss it. But the new one my wife wants to drive too, so that kinda sucks.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
Tony- Where'd you take that pic? Was thinking that looked like someplace i should know, but the concrete curb is throwing me off...
Fusee- a better use indeed!

Last edited:

VegBug

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
Beer is cheaper to buy than diesel so I'll take that thing to make some 40¢ a gallon biodiesel thank you very much! ; )

gstspeedster

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon(Bora Variant)
anybody have a Bentley manual that want to loan to a guy in need???
I'm clear on the South side of Indy in Greenwood, but I've got one you can borrow. What do you need it for? I could always copy and email you the specific pages you need. There are also digital copies out there too. Let me know.

VegBug

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
HUGE THANK YOU to Fyrsail!! On Monday we replaced the right front bearing, what a pain! And we also replaced the front drive shaft, thanks again to Fyrsail for the wrenching, parts, and food!

Front still making whomp whomp whomp noise so looks like maybe the left side bearing is need of replacing. OH JOY!!

TheBullwinkle

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS
Vegbug~

I am beginning to wander if the "whomp, whomp, whomp" noise is in your head. I think you have had the noise for over a year now...LOL;

Glad you made some progress on the bug.

Later,

Joe

VegBug

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
I can say with certainty it's not just me....Fyrsail was in the car and heard it as well. The noise level and vibration at speed is much better than before. The whomp whomp whomp is at low speed starting at around 20mph and disappears around 40mph.

Bit of advice to anyone doing a bearing job....sledge hammer or slide hammer, Dremel tool with disc cutting bit, vice, and LOTS of patience! OH yeah and having someone who knows what the hell their doing help you, like Fyrsail!

Last edited:

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
That was not a sledge hammer, it was small persaution device. The whomping sound is more of a groom groom groom sound and could be a tire issue, but is most likely the other bearing. But I have plenty of time now so we can get some things done.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
Speaking of having plenty of time... I am currently unemployed. If any of you need any help, I would be happy to lend a hand. As for my employment situation, I am looking for something closer to home. As most of you know, the commute and the hours were brutal anyway. The dealership had gone through many changes over the last few months, and Bob Falcone decided that my services were no longer needed in his organization (the exact reason remains a mystery, however.) Falcone now has more former Tom Wood employees than anyone left over from Falcone Saab, Saab of Fishers, or Speedway VW/ Subaru. That's about all I have to say about that. If anyone wants to know more, contact me via a pm.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI

Found a good deal on a new toy I simply couldn't pass up. I figured as long as I'm unemployed I might as well spend money. It makes sense if you don't think about it. I'm eventually going to use it for suspension on my car, but I'm sure it's going to come in handy for lots of stuff. Note: my garage ceiling is less than 9ft high. The lift will go a little higher than this, but at this point my antenna is touching the ceiling.

Last edited: