DPF, EGR, and EGR Motor replaced under NEW warrenty after the "fix"

skycrane

TDI
'12 Audi A3, 96 E300, 87 300SDL
As the title says it all, less than a month after getting the "fix" done on my A3, it took 2 weeks for the dealer to replace my EGR, EGR motor, and DPF under the new warrenty

Last edited:

skycrane

TDI

here are the pics, i had to remeove a few things

phantom1260

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta GL IDI, 2010 Jetta TDI (Sold)
Did they tell you they were doing this as a goodwill repair or under the warranty?

The invoice states it is a goodwill repair and not covered under warranty.

My dealership is telling me the DPF is not covered, even though it specifically lists the DPF in the booklet.

skycrane

TDI
as long as i didnt have to pay for it, it dosent really matter to me what they repaired it under. They tried telling me when i first dropped it off, thaty i would have to pay for the CEL diagnosis. i was like F that, here is a pic of the CEL showing its an emissions repair P0401 . never heard a word about it after that

BarnyardsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf w/DSG, Malone Stage 2 (all emissions intact), HID's, Sunroof, Dynaudio, NAV
Good deal! I had the fix done on my 2010 about 2 months ago and I noticed today I have black soot accumulation in my tailpipes. Nothing super thick but it's definitely soot. No Check Engine Light yet. Thanks for the update!

Last edited:

Miss_Athanatos

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen 6-speed manual; 2016 3500 Ram Tradesman 4X4 6.7L Cummins 6-Speed manual
As the title says it all, less than a month after getting the "fix" done on my A3, it took 2 weeks for the dealer to replace my EGR, EGR motor, and DPF under the new warrenty

Looks like VW dodged reporting a post-"fix" warranty repair by the dealer qualifying the repairs under "goodwill".
Save

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Looks like VW dodged reporting a post-"fix" warranty repair by the dealer qualifying the repairs under "goodwill".
Save
Exactly.

I would elevate this repair and how it was categorized to Class Counsel. I know you are happy but if VWAG is trying to be deceptive it effects everyone that owns one of these cars and shows that they continue to defraud customers and citizens.