Help needed outside Davenport Ia.

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
As the title says, my nephew is having issues with his '01 TDI Beetle outside Davenport Iowa in a rest area on the I-80. Seems to be fuel related but now he has started throwing parts at it and trying to diagnose from four states away is nigh impossible. Any help out there in TDI-land?

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Looks like he's going to try to hook up with CR Performance in Peoria Ill. Any feedback from the collective on this outfit? They are a Malone tune dealer I found on the Vortex via their VCDS locator map.

TDI
To square this off, after getting his cell# from the VCDS list over at the Vortex and cold calling him yesterday afternoon, nephew took the car over to Charles at CR Performance and he was nice enough to diagnose and correct a problem with the #3 injector needle lift sensor on a holiday no less! Many kudos and thanks to him and a hearty thumbs up for customer care at CRPerformancellc.com Safe travels all!