FS: 2000 Golf TDI lots of mods

WolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
SOLD. 2000 Golf TDI lots of mods

SOLDIt is with a heavy heart that I list my Golf for sale. I am the second owner. I purchased it in 2002 with about 30k miles. It now has 190k. It has always been a Florida car, so there is no rust whatsoever. It has been a lot of fun surprising unsuspecting drivers with this modified diesel over the years, but my commute is now 3 miles and I find myself using the Jeep more than the TDI. It is time for someone else to have fun with this one.
The upgrades are as follows:
GT2052V turbo
11mm Injection pump
Bosio Race 520 injectors
Upsolute FMIC
Old man intake
Race pipe
EGR delete w/oil separator
Custom software on socketed ecu
Peloquin Torque Biasing Diff
DC Stage 3+ clutch with HD fork
Lightweight 18lb SMF
108mm axle flanges
Raxles Extreme axles
Bilstein TC shocks/struts
312mm Audi TT brakes/GLI knuckles
Boost, EGT, oil pressure and temp gauges
GTI 337 seats
Beetle Daytona 17x7 rims 225/45/17
I have performed all the work on the car. I have changed the oil religiously at 10k intervals with Mobil 1 tdt (before the name change), then with Delvac 1 since. The alternator and battery were replaced within the last two years. The last timing belt was done at 167k with all rollers, etc. I resealed the injection pump within the last year. It runs and drives great with a check engine light on for glow plug circuit. (They are never needed in FL). The A/C blows cold, the heat is not very hot. (The famous foam has blown out of the vents and air is no longer channeled through the heater core very effectively). The interior needs a headliner and the center console cracked and was discarded. The clear coat on the paint is missing on horizontal surfaces due to Florida sun. The sunroof has been sealed (poorly) to deal with leaking drains.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, I would love to talk to you. It would make a great Smyth Ute or enjoy it as it is. I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. Of course there is a lot invested in the mods, but that money is long gone.
[/URL][/IMG]
More pics coming

Last edited:

WolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
I have had some questions that reminded me of things I forgot to mention in the ad, so I thought it would make sense to add the answers here.

All of the electronics and switches work with the exception of the passenger side rear door lock. It works intermittently, now less frequently working than not. It does function manually.

The headlight lenses have been replaced with real glass from Argentinian model Golfs. The passenger side has a crack, but I have a new one ready to install. The headlight bulbs have been upgraded to higher wattage units and provide excellent visibility. I will include a couple of spare bulbs.

The exhaust consists of a custom tubular manifold, with larger downpipe and flex section, along with a Magnaflow high flow diesel cat. It is all made from mild steel (the flex may be stainless). From the cat back it is stock.

The transmission has stock ratios. I tried a .658 fifth gear for a while and did not care for the large gap between 4th and 5th, so I went back to stock. The shifter has the Audi TT shift tower, so fore/aft movement is reduced by about 30%. It all works as it should, but if the 1/2 shift is rushed I sometimes get a crunch. It happens maybe 1 out of 500 shifts. I am not sure why.

A Drawtite hitch is installed on the car and it makes a great little tow rig. All of the extra torque along with the upgraded brakes make it very useful. The hitch is welded onto the mounting points of the unibody with reinforcement plates for added security. I did this for the occasional flat towing of my track Miata. I get over 30 mpg towing it to the track, btw.

The Raxles axles were recently (less than 5l miles ago) refurbished by Raxles. So they are basically new. They are very heavy duty but do transmit more NVH to the cabin than stock axles. There is a resonance around 4K rpm that goes away shortly thereafter. I ran VR6 axles while the Raxles were being returned and the resonance disappeared, but I prefer the security of added strength, so went back to the Raxles.

I have had some questions about flying in and driving the car home. I would be happy to pick the new owner up at a nearby airport as long as it is a reasonable distance. SRQ, PGD, RSG, or even TPA.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
That is a sweet car. I would suggest fixing the glow system, seems silly not to take care of what is a really simple thing when obviously the rest of the car seems so well sorted. And yes, even in Florida the glow system works. That's why when it doesn't, the MIL comes on. ;)

WolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
That is a sweet car. I would suggest fixing the glow system, seems silly not to take care of what is a really simple thing when obviously the rest of the car seems so well sorted. And yes, even in Florida the glow system works. That's why when it doesn't, the MIL comes on. ;)
Yes, it does run in afterglow to come up to temp faster, and yes it would be easy enough to replace the harness again. Yhe harnesses seem to fall apart over time, and I have replaced it once, quite a few years ago. I can count on one hand the number of times I have gone into pre glow since, so I guess that's why I have not replaced it. The MIL is triggered quite easily, with only a slight variation in resistance, so it is entirely possible for the system to be working and still trigger a MIL. Thanks for the compliment on the car. I would really like to see it go to an enthusiast who will enjoy the car as much as I have.

kiki

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI 6mt; 2011 Golf TDI 6mt; 2005 MB E320 cdi; 2007 Passat Sport Wagon 6mt (FSI Turbo); 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke 4x4; 2004 Passat GLS TDI Wagon (Sold); y2k NB TDI (Sold); 1996 Passat TDI Wagon (Sold).
PM Sent - Please contact!

PM Sent - Please contact!

WolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
Thank you for all the questions and comments. The car has been sold. I wish the new owner the best.