2012 TDI for sale

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
I am getting tired of waiting on VW as they promised me my final offer almost 3 months ago and I have still yet to receive it. So I decided to test the waters and see what people would pay for it. Here is a link to the ad https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5994067735.html
damn, you're going to sell it back with all that stuff added?

also do you have the original exhaust? for someone to buy this they would need to bring the exhaust back to OEM stock so VW could retrofit the crap that will meet the stupid EPA regs.

mk6jetta

TDI
2012 Jetta
Yes because in the end it would cost me more to return it to stock than to just leave it how it is. I do not have the original exhaust. The reason I took it off was because the DPF cracked so it was shot and I scrapped it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that I do not have to get the emissions fixed if I don't want to.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Yes because in the end it would cost me more to return it to stock than to just leave it how it is. I do not have the original exhaust. The reason I took it off was because the DPF cracked so it was shot and I scrapped it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that I do not have to get the emissions fixed if I don't want to.
at some point these cars will be flagged by the EPA and you will not be able to renew your registration until it has been fixed, the cars are technically illegal since they were never up to EPA regs when sold. that is why there is a buy back.

it is still uncertain what the fix will be on the MK6s, if VW comes out with a new turbo back exhaust system with add blue and a flash then this would be an easy "fix" at the dealer then return back to modded.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
I can tell you, with a NORMAL car in California, someone who removes emission equipment has to replace it before they can sell it. And there is no limit to what it costs, the SELLER must replace it and prove the car meets emission requirements BEFORE the car can be sold.

Any California buyer would be nuts to touch your car. Other states may be different. But why would anyone want to take the chance with a DieselGate car? They are going to get a VERY hard look at for emissions, even after they are fixed.

Your best bet is to sell the car to VW and hope for the best. You likely will be OK, IMHO.

mk6jetta

TDI
2012 Jetta
The car is owned by me. I bought the car from speedway motors and just used the pictures they took of it when it was on their lot.

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
The car is owned by me. I bought the car from speedway motors and just used the pictures they took of it when it was on their lot.
OK thanks for clarifying:
Few years back when I sold lubricants (specialized especially among racing) the name Speedway Motors Inc. rang a bell. As I met old drag racers from the 50's & 60's plus people in the industry.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Deleted?

CL
indianapolis >
for sale >
cars & trucks - by owner
post account
1 hidden
This posting has been deleted by its author.
Nothing found at your link.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
OK thanks for clarifying:
Few years back when I sold lubricants (specialized especially among racing) the name Speedway Motors Inc. rang a bell. As I met old drag racers from the 50's & 60's plus people in the industry.
the oil company is out of CT, I've ran their stuff, very nice and high quality. the race shop I used to work at is a vendor for them as well.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
if this car had more options I would have bought it, CT doesn't care about emissions past no CEL and a cat. Our emissions check is just an OBD2 read and cat check. so unless the recall goes far enough and some how all TDI VINs are flagged in the CT DMV/Emissions system no one would know if this was fixed or not.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
if this car had more options I would have bought it, CT doesn't care about emissions past no CEL and a cat. Our emissions check is just an OBD2 read and cat check. so unless the recall goes far enough and some how all TDI VINs are flagged in the CT DMV/Emissions system no one would know if this was fixed or not.
I'd check and make sure the ECU on this car shows readiness monitors when plugged in. I am pretty certain a deleted CR TDI won't show readiness in MA. CT is the same, I believe.