Paint Code Location?

TURBO9

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta wagon, 00 Jetta sedan
Anyone know where on the car I can find the paint code for my 2000 Jetta?

Last edited:

maverick06

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 jetta TDI
Hmmmm.... If I remember right it was on a little tag under the mat in the trunk. You had to lift it up as if you were taking out the spare tire to get to it... Might be different for you. I asked the dealer, thats where they said it was. I thought it was quite silly to put it there, but thats where it was. Good luck. If I remember right it was a very small tag, maybe 3"x2"... but my memory isnt that great...

Mike_Van

Veteran Member
TDI
(SOLD) 2010 Golf, 2 door
Yup, near the spare is the first place I'd look. I believe there might also be another copy pasted inside the front cover of the warrantee/service record history book.

TURBO9

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry, I meant 2000 Jetta sedan (fixed in original post), got my cars mixed up. I looked around the spare tire and didn't see anything. I hope it's not in the manual because it didn't come with the car!

Mike_Van

Veteran Member
TDI
(SOLD) 2010 Golf, 2 door
If it's not right near the spare, I'd lift the carpeting in the trunk area (sides and rear, too). That's where it is is on my current Golf and where it was on my A2 '87 Jetta. I doubt it would only be in the booklet you're missing.

Is there some fairy that magically whisks away all such docs from used cars??? Seems to happen *all* the time.

TURBO9

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm not finding it folks, anyone know what the code is for reflex silver, or could someone please check their reflex silver car and tell me. Or is there another handy source anyone knows of for finding codes if you know the manufacturer's name for the color?

Bosley

Veteran Member
TDI
06 TDI Wagon (A4)
TURBO9 said:
I'm not finding it folks, anyone know what the code is for reflex silver, or could someone please check their reflex silver car and tell me. Or is there another handy source anyone knows of for finding codes if you know the manufacturer's name for the color?
Try www.paintscratch.com