Front Passenger Window won't raise properly

EnthymematisHabilis

TDI
2000 Jetta 1.9TDI
I've just noticed, now that it's windows open type weather, (actually my wife pointed it out) that the front passenger window is acting weird.

When you roll it up from either the driver or passenger control switch it stops when it's about 4 inches from being closed and then it rolls down again. If I try to close it using the one-touch close on the drivers switch I cannot close it since it just rolls itself down again. In order to close it I have to hold the switch up so it gets past that 4" from being closed point and actually closes.

I'm not sure if there is something I can do or check in VAG-com to fix this but I'm beginning to suspect it might be related to the anti-pinch feature of the power windows messing up somehow.:confused:

Any suggestions would be great,
thanks all,
David

puter

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
had the same thing on my drivers side rear window.

Check the track that it slides in, mine was out of alignment and causing it to bind up.

EnthymematisHabilis

TDI
2000 Jetta 1.9TDI
A really late follow up, but it turns out, actually, that even though the sales guy at the dealership (before I bought the car used) reassured me that the plastic window clips had been replaced by the metal ones, the window clips where the plastic ones. Seems that the rear clip broke first on that side so the window was pivoting slightly and binding. I didn't realize the clips were the problem until the driver's side window fell into the door.

On a side note, I don't recommend buying a used car from Dalmar Motors in London, Ontario. In my experience they don't seem to know much about what they are selling and they don't seem to really care about making customers happy. Just my experience, though...