Audi A6 Diesel, A6 and A8 Hybrids Models to Get Delayed U.S. Launch

BarnyardsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf w/DSG, Malone Stage 2 (all emissions intact), HID's, Sunroof, Dynaudio, NAV
"minimize complexity" hmmmmmmmm Europe seems to deal with the "complexity" just fine.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
It's interesting that the low volumes of the A6, A8 present a better business case for importing diesels than say a high volume A4. They must have some serious markup on those models.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
It's interesting that the low volumes of the A6, A8 present a better business case for importing diesels than say a high volume A4. They must have some serious markup on those models.
Add to that the beetle, tigaun, amarok, eos or golf cabrio that have yet to see a diesel power plant. Reduce complexity, stick to the TDI and 1.8 gasser for the VW line. Excluding the Toureg.

Do we really need a jetta hybrid sedan?

Dooglas

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta
Yawn, how many people were lining up to buy overpriced Audi A6 and A8 diesels and hybrids anyway. I'm with greengeeker. How does a business model based on so few vehicles sold even pencil out?

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
Yawn, how many people were lining up to buy overpriced Audi A6 and A8 diesels and hybrids anyway. I'm with greengeeker. How does a business model based on so few vehicles sold even pencil out?
Sorry guy, but I will be getting one when they are available. For the price they are worth it. Compared to the 2012 Passat they are miles ahead in performance, quality, power train and value.

Granted I loved my frugal 2000, 2002 Jettas and still love my 2005 Passats, but there is a time when something more comes along. The 2005 Passat shared many common elements as the A6 and it performs accordingly. The 2012 Passat while great is still an economical compromise.

Sorry to say but there appears to be a green eye of jealously in your posting. Granted only some people can afford a $60K car. I will personally take one over the Mercedes any day.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
By the way, the Audi dealership is saying 14 months to order, 18 months until rollout. So about June 2013 they should be completely available.

In the mean time I will be hopefully enjoying the new Passat without issue until that time.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
More likely a different demographic that is willing to by the A6 with that feature at that price compared to those who buy the A4 and will NOT pay the $3000 additional cost.

Besides no where for the AdBlue storage tank on the A4. The A6 was redesigned and has room for it now.