My 2015 Golf check engine light keeps turning on.

20062015VWman

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf TDI
Hello everybody. I'm not a first time owner of a TDI but have run into a little problem with the '15 Golf TDI I have owned for the past two years. Since the end of March 2019 the check engine light comes on and then after a couple of days turns off and then turns back on again after another two days. My tech says it could be the electrical harness for the engine, he hooked it up to his computer and it gave off seven different codes indicating seven different problems. After a couple of hours of keeping it in the shop he hooked it up again and it gave an array of other codes indicating a different problem. He says he's never seen this before, he says the electrical harness may need to be replaced but I'm looking at $1300 for the part and labor. And he doesn't want to do the job if after spending the money the problem persists. Has anyone else had this problem? The car runs like a champ so I have no idea what could be the issue.

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
We have no idea either, since the only clue you have are the DTCs which you have not shared.

Is this car not under the warranty extension?

20062015VWman

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf TDI
I'll have to get the papers with the codes off my tech. He still has them. I'll have to check and see I was just wondering if anyone had a similar issue.