2004 Jetta Wagon - cargo mat?

JimTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon PD-TDI, 2004, Wheat Beige, TipTronic Trans.
I posted this here since it's not really TDI related.

Is there a rubber cargo mat available for the area behind the rear seat, or for when the seats are folded flat?

Kinda like floor mats for cargo area?

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
FWIW, I had the Weathertech in one car and the VW part in the other. I preferred the VW part...it was about 1/2 the weight of the Weathertech. I'm pretty sure the VW part was about 1/2 the price. If you're gonna be hauling engines and transmissions and cinder blocks, the Weathertech would likely be the better choice.

JimTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon PD-TDI, 2004, Wheat Beige, TipTronic Trans.
Thank you both for your replies! I went to the VW dealer and thay claim their part has been discontinued, so I guess I will buy the one in the link above. I do like the lip around it. Does it just fit up to the back seats?

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Gorilla Gear mat, all the way. Great piece and the attachment things are fantastic for the open, flat space in the back of the wagon. I think VW can still get them (I got one a month ago...)

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
When I bought my '01 sedan, one of the first things I bought was the trunk liner from VW. Of course, being true to my nature, I had to put it to the ultimate test by having 1 litre of diesel fuel treatment spill on it! :rolleyes: I simply removed the liner, used some degreaser and power-sprayed it clean and it was good as new.

When I bought my '03 Wagon a couple of years ago, I ordered the cargo liner for it, along with some Monster mats, and I was disappointed to find that there was no rubber liner available, only the Gorilla Gear carpeted liner. I thought back to my experience with the diesel additive and figured there would be no way in H3LL the carpeted liner would withstand something like that, so I ordered the Weather-tech cargo liner and it was exactly what I needed, even though it's a tiny bit thinner than the VW trunk liner in my '01. I was quite impressed with the service and the price wasn't any more than VW charged for the Gorilla mat.