CCM issue

CBM

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat
Possible CCM issue

Going down the list of items left to repair on my car. There is not much left thankfully. When I scan the car I get errors for all the door locks EXCEPT the drivers. The trunk release just stopped working recently and that is the motivation behind getting this sorted. Scan showed intermittent signal to CCM. I have seen post where people remove the CCM and clean the connections, reassemble and they are good. I don't know how realistic that is in my case...

Windows, interior lights, everything else works as it should. My key FOB never worked so maybe that is related, maybe its a dead battery. Looking for some suggestions on how to proceed. As a side note the ESP light was popping on and then went away after my manual swap. The trunk switch did have a short period of working less and less frequently until finally 100% fail.

CBM

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat
Alright well I probably need to pop the ccm out of the floor and take a look. Without any comments that is my starting point. Certainly not going to replace all three door locks.

CBM

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat
I pulled the CCM from under the carpet this afternoon and it looked brand new. No water damage. I cleaned up the ground wires while I had the carpet out and my intermittent signal went away.

My issue still remains. Drivers lock switch only operates drivers door. Passenger front lock switch does nothing except for one or two tries where it tried to actuate the drivers lock. It actually moved the lock pin to unlock one time. I thought that was strange. So could it actually be that the door lock actuators are bad? The trunk switch just stopped working as well.....maybe this is just a vehicle at 214k miles? I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed...

the 3 faults found in vcds are 00929,00930, 00931

CBM

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat
Is it possible to check that the switches are working vcds? Can I monitor the switches in vcds while I work the switch on the doors? That would help eliminate the switch as a problem...

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Each door lock mech has a micro switch. If the door mech is sticking then the switch want change and will not show on VCDS. As these cars age I have found that the door lock mechs stick especially on the low use doors

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
I have had mixed success doing that. You can get new ones off eBay for $50