You now have options to repair or replace your BEW PD Lift Pump

TheTDIWagonGuy

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Black 2003 Bora Wagon TDI
I purchased this defender pump for 149.00$ in June 2016. It failed today. It lasted almost 3 years. The original lasted about 9 years. I cant help but feel like I should have dropped 300$ to begin with. I ended up loosing more money and getting stranded.
The old style pump that you replaced was able to allow the car to function even after it failed. Most people have no idea how long the pump has been dead for. The new style does not function like the old one. That's why I sell the pump motor for the old style as it was a much better design.

FordGuy100

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
I had one of this complete sender/pump units fail after about 2 years of use. I went OE after that. I was in the process of moving when the original was taken out, so I had to toss it cause there was no way I could transport an odd shaped diesel soaked device. Bummer, as it still allowed the car to run.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
What is the link to your website ?
Not working on my end of the keyboard ?
Will these new pumps work in a 2005 BHW Passat TDI ?

These replacement pumps still for sale ? I couldn't access the website.
He still sells them on ebay, search "seller:defender-tech"...

Swampdonkey

TDI
2006 Golf
Is anyone still running one of these replacement pumps from Defender-tech? I need to replace the pump in my 06 BEW, and I'm wondering if these pumps are holding up Ok

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
Just ran across this posted a couple of days ago:
It has been around a month now since Tdiwagenguy has passed away.It took me some time to collect myself on this.A GoFundMe has been setup for his family.Im not sure if this is the right place to post this but if it's wrong please put it in the right place.R.I.P Mike.?
https://www.gofundme.com/5ya7iog
:(

shuswap

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Golf TDI BEW auto
Just confirmed this, Mike treated me exceptionally well when I had dealings with him over a pump failure. Much respect and very sad to see that life's issues became overwhelming for him.
Rest in Peace, Mike.

crazyhawk99

TDI
05 1.9 BEW
I now have BEW Lift Pumps and replacement pump motors for the old style lift pump for sale.
BEW Lift Pump
They are made by a OE Manufacturer and I back the lift pump by a 1 year unlimited mileage warranty.

Cost is $149.00 including shipping to anywhere in Canada and the lower 48 states in the US.
Only $149.00!
Old style lift pump replacement motor

You can now replace the failed pump motor. It is plug and play and has a
90 day unlimited mileage warranty.
Now shipping with the proper length hose!

Cost is $79.00 including shipping to anywhere in Canada and the lower 48 states in the US.
Only $79.00!
ALH conversion connector

Only $8.00 with purchase of lift pump!
$12 with shipping to the US or Canada.

They are now on the web site! - Except the connector, email me for details until I get it figured out.
Can you provide a link to your website? I am interested in ordering a lift pump.