www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > General VW Discussion

General VW Discussion This is a place for General VW topics (the company, not your vehicle). General topics about a specific vehicle should be posted in the General TDI Dicussion Forum sections for that vehicle platform. A4, A3 & B4, B5, etc.

Old July 14th, 2017, 11:06   #1
kooyajerms
grocery getter

Default Gonna miss you Touareg say hello 7 seater Tiguans

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/12/v...off-in-the-us/

Let's move to Crossovers and SUV's , but all we will have is a Tiguan and Atlas? Come on guys.

What is a 7 seater Tiguan gonna look like?
kooyajerms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2017, 12:02   #2
KITEWAGON
Veteran Member

I like our Touareg. But it is kind of a giant vehicle to only have 5-seats. I don't see how it had a place in the lineup between the Atlas and the Tiggy. And with now TDI option to set it apart it doesn't have much appeal. I didn't realize that sales were that low or that the Atlas was selling so well. I've only seen 1 or 2 Atlases out in the wild.

I agree that a 7-steat Tiguan seems like its going to be tight inside to say the least.
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS [FOR SALE VERY SOON].Indigo Blue, 5-speed, RC 2, Sprint 520's, TT Short Shifter,DG Racepipe, DG Panzer Plate, Koni Reds, BBS RXII's,E-codes, Euro switch, EGR cooler delete, IDParts 2.5"DP, 196k /// 2014 Touareg TDI Executive, Stock but loaded. 115k.///Gassers: 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 TRD 4x4. Silver. 165k. 2012 GTI Autobahn 6MT, Stock but loaded.
KITEWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2017, 12:08   #3
20IndigoBlue02
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooyajerms View Post
http://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/12/v...off-in-the-us/

Let's move to Crossovers and SUV's , but all we will have is a Tiguan and Atlas? Come on guys.

What is a 7 seater Tiguan gonna look like?
A touareg is a SUV. It is an artifact of the old "Upmarket" strategy, to place VW above the commoner brands (like Toyota & Honda), but short of the premium marques like Audi

Tiguan looks like:
http://www.vw.com/models/2018-tiguan/
Old July 14th, 2017, 15:48   #4
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

It appears that most people who had enough coin to buy a Touareg, spent the extra coin for the Audi or Porsche badge ... and you still can.
GoFaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2017, 14:45   #5
Rico567
Veteran Member

A 7-seat Tiguan? Maybe for those 'lil folks in the Wizard of Oz....

And there we have
The VW Tiguan,
For an SUV
It sure ain't a biguan.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
- Adam Savage
Rico567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2017, 18:23   #6
kooyajerms
grocery getter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
It appears that most people who had enough coin to buy a Touareg, spent the extra coin for the Audi or Porsche badge ... and you still can.
Yeah fair point. I probably see 10 cayenne and q7s before I see a Touareg . I'm obviously on the lookout now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico567 View Post
A 7-seat Tiguan? Maybe for those 'lil folks in the Wizard of Oz....

And there we have
The VW Tiguan,
For an SUV
It sure ain't a biguan.
Winner right there
kooyajerms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2017, 05:43   #7
john.jackson9213
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 1996 B4V

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooyajerms View Post
Yeah fair point. I probably see 10 cayenne and q7s before I see a Touareg . I'm obviously on the lookout now too.
<snip>
Well, I am not on the lookout. But I also notice the Cayenne and Audi SUV's much more than I see Touareg. Meaning when I notice the profile of the vehicle, it mostly turns out to be the Cayenne/Audi rather than the Touareg badge on it.
1996 B4V, Hella E-Codes, GLX leather, EuroTuning.cz 02A 6 speed conversion w/.71 5th and .588 6th gear, A4 shift linkage by Matt-98AHU. 11 mm pump by Oldpoopie. Now, GTC1549VZ turbo by Whitbread. TDtuning, 24 lbs. boost, 162 hp, 285 lb/ft tq. Smoke Free (9/18/15). Koni Yellows and Big Brake 5 lug conversion.
john.jackson9213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2017, 16:27   #8
JazzBeBop

My cousin bought an Atlas it's really nice. It's an SEL Premium. He now claims to NEVER get lost.
JazzBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:33   #9
refueler

I drove a 2018 Tiguan today it didn't have the 3rd row seats. It was an SE model I found it to have a good driving position, comfortable, and roomy. I was impressed with how much space there was between my knees and the back of the front seat at least 8" I'm 5'8". There were two things that I was not impressed with though the console arm rest is to far back and to low to be comfortable. Under hard acceleration from a stop the shift from 1st to 2nd gear is different. I don't think it stays in 1st gear very long. But after that it seems to shift smoothly and it has good acceleration. Over all I really like the 2018 Tiguan I especially like the body lines. The only thing I still need to see is the 3rd row seating to see how much room there is in the 3rd row.
refueler is offline   Reply With Quote