Need help!!! Wiring swap issues

Pdiesel82

TDI
03 alh jetta
Okay guys im new here and im sure the info im looking for is already on the site but i have no clue where to find it.
So to make a long story short i bought 2 mk4s one tdi (alh 5 speed) and one 1.8t auto.
Im in the process of swapping everything over to the 1.8t body the motor is in all wired up in the engine bay but i am haveing trouble getting it to crank with the key.
I swapped the igniton and the gauge cluster and i tried to wire in the clutch saftey switch but not sure if i did it correctly. So when it wouldnt crank or anything i did some more research and found out about everyone talking about wiring in the 109 realy but no one seems to actualy exsplain or show how to.
So i would really appreciate if someone could show me a diagram or something on how to wire in the 109 relay and the clutch saftey switch.
Also is there another things that need to be wiried up for the car to run??
Thanks guys i appreciate it!

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Don't recall what is on the relay in the Jetta, but in the 2004 Passat there is one brown wire (brown/white IIRC).

I cut it at the back of the relay and splice the end going to the harness to the clutch interlock switch and the and the wire from the switch goes to ground.

Of course if you have VCDS you can see if the switch is functioning in the engine section.

Also, DO NOT try your cruise without making sure the cruise switch is tied into the clutch properly. You can see that too in the same block.