170ppd wont go higher then 1.6bar

niko

TDI
golf v gt tdi 125kw
Hello i have a golf 170ppd and it wont go higher then 1.6bar with my gtb2260vk does somebody has allready let it turn more then 1.6bar??

Asassini

TDI
Ibiza 90hp
Measure with a boost gauge, your vagcom only can show 2601mbar because your map sensor at this level is maxed out.

Your ecu is Siemens PPD, right?

niko

TDI
golf v gt tdi 125kw
Measure with a boost gauge, your vagcom only can show 2601mbar because your map sensor at this level is maxed out.

Your ecu is Siemens PPD, right?
yes it is Siemens Wen it go over 1.7bar it shakes en de boost go up and down the map sensor is 3bar no?

Asassini

TDI
Ibiza 90hp
Sorry I thinked that was the same as Seat Leon FR, 2.0TDI 170hp, what are ecu numbers of your modell?
Post some logs to have a look.

Asassini

TDI
Ibiza 90hp
And you can log more than 2600mbar? in the ones I have seen here is not possible, is limited almost by software.

You are right at MAP, I thing is a 0281002401 so is a 3bar sensor.

Is a pity you don`t have newer model with Bosch ecu, PPD ones are a pain in the a** :)

Who is making the tune for the car? it will be hard to develop

ArturCosta

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 Avant 1996 Silver
There are a lot of tuners that work with PPD siemens better then most with bosch , just find the right one ;)

turbo johan

Veteran Member
Siemens PPD is really difficult..
2601 is obd diagnose limit.
With msa, edc15, edc16 i can put them as high as i want but not with PPD.
But this doesn't matter for the tuning.
You can tune it to almost 2 bar if you want but you can't see through obd how high it is..
I think it's not boost control that gives trouble with your car.
Davy will find it out, just give him some time ;)

Johan

Mohammed

TDI
VW Passat 2.0TDİ 170hp PPD
Can anyone suggest a tuner that have experience on Siemens PPD170 Ecus? Or noone such exists?

TDIfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
Multivan AHY, Golf CFFB DSG, A6Q 4F 2.7 TDI CANC, 7 meter boat with ALH.
Now I can scale 4 bar MAP sensor in PPD if someone needs it. :D

But haven't found any single value for boost limit nor could not test that turbo noise limitation map yet.

Diag limits would be nice to find now and have to think a way to find them.

Mohammed

TDI
Now I can scale 4 bar MAP sensor in PPD if someone needs it. :D
Yes, He can definitely scale 4 bar MAP sensor very well! And it works fine! He also has a very good service and helpful attitude! Thank You for that!

Regards,
Muhammed

Mohammed

TDI
Now my PPD170 car runs at 2.5 bar boost with 4 bar map sensor. It is being fine-tuned by TDIFreak, Arttu and he had no problems achieving 2.5 bar boost levels...
After tuning, i am expecting around 300 hp numbers. PPD170 larger nozzles are already installed and water-meth from snow performance to be added....

Regards,
Muhammed

Mohammed

TDI
VCDS shows absolute pressure of 2600 mbar maximum but the boost gauge show 2.5 bars relative pressure.

Regards,
Muhammed

Mohammed

TDI
The boost gauge measures pressure from a tap on the intake manifold. As far as I know, you can't read more than 2601 mbar pressure from PPD170 Siemens ecu. But you can tune for higher pressure. But with Bosch Ecus,you can adjust to see more than 2600mbar.

Johnny Bravo

TDI
A3 8P 2.0 BKD DSG
I have the Bosch ECU. My engine is the BKD one. I know you discuss about the 170 one but I have the same problem reading the pressure.

Mohammed

TDI
With the Bosch ECU/BKD engine, they just can change the diagnose limit in the ECU to read more than 2600 mbar.