How to remove mil lights on cluster

Mark buster

TDI
AFN
So currently stripped out all unwanted wires from loom bit obviously I have mil lights of ABS,Airbag etc how are these removed?
TIA
Mark

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
You need to send them to someone who can tune them out. It's a software thing.

xerootg

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf Sportwagen, BHW Jeep XJ
I recently found a tool disable individual codes in edc16 files if your interested in going down the path of doing it yourself, but the consequences of a bad flash are pretty harsh.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Tiguan TDI 4Motion, Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD
Not sure what you are doing, but coding would be the correct way. However, if all you want is not to see the lights and you are not concerned with setting codes, etc. then there is another way. All you need to do is remove the cluster, dismantle enough to get to the lights and place a bit of well cut electrical tape over the lights. If you want you can cut a small piece of foam to fill up the hole but the tape alone works pretty well. I've had several cars with immobilizer delete and that is how I got rid of the light. If you search you can find instructions on how to dismantle the cluster including removing and replacing the needles.

1.9ZOOK

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH Samurai
I didn't know about the codes when I did the swap,so I just removed the wires out of the harness .LOL. Been driving it like that for 2 years.
What is suppose to happen if done that way?